ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: better XP Alt+Tab Task Switch

<< < (2/3) > >>

Catalin:
I would like a program that works like FARR (my greatest find in a long time) except it would be for task switching. It would have a hot key that would open a window with all running tasks listed and a number beside each one.  Pressing the number would change to that window.  Using the AltTab is frustrating to me because I usually have lots of windows open at a time and I often go past the one I want and have to cycle through all over again.
-RedCat71 (April 21, 2006, 10:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

XDESK ( http://xdesksoftware.com/ ) has a few task-switching and window-managing extensions - including a better ALT+TAB (SHIFT also goes back BUT you also have the key above TAB to do that - MUCH EASIER, CTRL shows some extra windows, also there is a QuickView and a TileView !!!

RedCat71:
Yes, I've tried TaskswitchXP and it wasn't quite what I was looking for.  I don't remember the exact reason because I tried several in a short period and I don't remember the specifics of each one.

It would be great to have something added to FARR v2. 

I'll look at Xdesk.  Thanks.

This is the first time I've ever posted to a forum and I need to figure out how to have quotes in my replies.  I'll need to spend some time learning this stuff.   :tellme:

lanux128:
try this alternative Alt-Tab replacement, coded in Autohotkey.

jgpaiva:
try this alternative Alt-Tab replacement, coded in Autohotkey.
-lanux128 (April 23, 2006, 08:31 PM)
--- End quote ---
Amazing, fantastic, unbelieveble, and i lack more adjectives. You rule,man! Thanks! :D

lanux128:
Amazing, fantastic, unbelieveble, and i lack more adjectives. You rule,man! Thanks! :D
-jgpaiva (April 24, 2006, 04:10 AM)
--- End quote ---
aye, catch some more cool scripts from the folks at ahk forums...
i'm beginning to sound like brotherS. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version