ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Renegade: A Hero In Our Midst

<< < (3/4) > >>

mouser:
That was a riveting read.. A genuinely heroic act.
We should all be so brave if we find ourselves in such a situation.

PhilB66:

PhilB66:

@4wd
He is a hero afterall.

Well done, Ren.

Renegade:
Thanks for posting that Phil. I hadn't seen those.

I just found this:

A news report on it. I'd not seen it as we don't have a TV at home.

I remember the one fellow in there, Francis Armstrong (from the video), spraying the hose there. The cool water was certainly welcome. My thoughts there were about thanking god there was some kind of fire retardant to help us.

The fellow that helped pull him out, I remember him afterwards at the side of the road, but don't remember talking to him. (I should walk down the street and say hello.) I wasn't even looking at anyone else, and only saw him after I'd gone back home, washed the blood off, and come back. I couldn't have gotten that fellow out without help there. I was just too fixated at the time.

One of the people in the news video said, "I'll never forget the guy, um, like smashing his window from the outside, trying to scream for his life." I do hope he remembers to vote libertarian~! :P (Sorry... Had to sneak that in~! :P )

Phil, thank you for that. It meant a lot to me and I really appreciate it. I was a bit busy to record any video there. :D

It was a pretty traumatic event for me as I'm not used to that.

mwb1100:
Wow - just an amazing story.  My hat's off to you!

I hope I never find myself in such a situation (either in or out of the car), but if that happens I hope that someone like you is around.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version