ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

New FARR flash video demo

<< < (4/4)

jgpaiva:
aah, you got it all covered, jgpaiva. :Thmbsup: like carol, i'm all excited about the regex video...
next, you may want to design a nice homepage for yourself, showcasing all your ahk scripts & demo videos.
-lanux128 (April 25, 2006, 09:09 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yep, lets see how the 3rd demo comes out. On the meanwhile, the second is almost complete. If you'd like to give some coments, here's the close-to-complete version: http://jgpaiva.dcmembers.com/Demos/Farr/FarrDemo2.htm

About the webpage, I know it's very needed, but i still have a bunch of stuff to solve before, so, the page is a bit delayed. It'll be my next big project, though ;)

muito obrigado, mate...
-lanux128 (April 25, 2006, 09:09 PM)
--- End quote ---
:-[ :-[ :-[

momonan:
I'm so excited that you're making a demo of the alias feature, because -- even though I use FARR to launch all of my programs -- this feature has always been a mystery to me.

The first problem is knowing where to look for them.  Unfortunately, you  have skipped right over that in your demo (probably because it is so familiar to you).  Do you think you could begin the demo a couple of steps earlier?  Something like this:

To get to the feature for creating groups, you first click on the little wheel (or whatever that is) in the upper right corner.  Then press "preferences."  Then choose the "groups" tab to arrive at the screen for creating and using search groups.

This is not as obvious to a new user as it may seem to many of you.

While we're at it, why are these called "aliases" by those of you who use them?  Isn't "groups" (the word actually used in the program) a more intuitive term?  Is it absolutely necessary to use the word "alias"?

jgpaiva:
Do you think you could begin the demo a couple of steps earlier?  Something like this:

To get to the feature for creating groups, you first click on the little wheel (or whatever that is) in the upper right corner.  Then press "preferences."  Then choose the "groups" tab to arrive at the screen for creating and using search groups.
-momonan (April 26, 2006, 06:47 AM)
--- End quote ---
Good point! I'll slow down that first part!

Any suggestions for another text on the "To see the possibility of expansion of FARR, click here:" box? I think that text isn't very good.

BTW, did you like it? ;)

momonan:
Sorry about not mentioning how much I like the demo.  Sometimes it's easy to forget that important part. :-[

About the expansion section, are you planning to add a demonstration of each of those features in this demo?  If not, can you explain that there is a third demo where people can learn how to use the additional features?

If you're looking for language corrections, or typos, here's one:  At the very end, "check it's features" should be "check its features," without the apostrophe.

Read only if you want the boring reason:  SpoilerAfter much effort, I have finally grasped that the only time you use an apostrophe with the word IT is when you are contracting the words "it is."  Never at other times, when you mean the possessive, like "hers," "his" or "its" book or program or features, etc.  I don't know who made up this rule, but there it is.

jgpaiva:
Sorry about not mentioning how much I like the demo.  Sometimes it's easy to forget that important part. :-[
-momonan (April 26, 2006, 08:40 AM)
--- End quote ---
I didn't mean i needed a compliment ;), i was just trying to know if the times are right, if it needed more content, if it's well organized, etc. But thanks anyway  :D

About the expansion section, are you planning to add a demonstration of each of those features in this demo?  If not, can you explain that there is a third demo where people can learn how to use the additional features?-momonan (April 26, 2006, 08:40 AM)
--- End quote ---
That section already is there (the link is functional), it's in the end of the demo, and it refers to other stuff that can be done, not featured in this demo. It's basically to inform you can costumize any of the featured alias, and add new functionality to it. (something like a small introduction to the next demo).

If you're looking for language corrections, or typos, here's one:  -momonan (April 26, 2006, 08:40 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks! Corrected :)

Read only if you want the boring reason:  SpoilerAfter much effort, I have finally grasped that the only time you use an apostrophe with the word IT is when you are contracting the words "it is."  Never at other times, when you mean the possessive, like "hers," "his" or "its" book or program or features, etc.  I don't know who made up this rule, but there it is.
-momonan (April 26, 2006, 08:40 AM)
--- End quote ---
;D ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version