ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

DRAFT: Dear British Government, The BBC & TV Licensing.

<< < (4/4)

Tinman57:
Generic crap with tons of advertising. Lowest common denominator entertainment. I'm not saying your money should pay for what I listen to - but I am complaining about the alternative.
Last time I saw Amercian TV was scary - and that was years ago - I cant see it having gotten any better since.
-tomos (December 16, 2012, 04:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've seen BBC, they ain't got nothing to brag about.  lol

From what I understand, American tv is the top rated and is watched by more countries than any other.  Must not be too shabby.  There's a lot of stuff that I don't like on the tv here, but what I don't like someone else will, which is what's so great about all the channels we have.  Don't like what's on, turn to another channel.   :D
  As far as the commercials, first it gives you a bathroom or snack-gettin' break.  For fellers like me that use a DVR, I skip past the commercials that I don't like or have seen several times over...

Shades:
In The Netherlands one has to pay as well for the ability to receive radio and TV. Here in Paraguay there are only commercial broadcasters and each show is riddled with commercials, sponsored by several different companies etc. they only cater for the lowest denominator...which means here beer and very scantily clad women in talent shows which are interrupted by commercials and news.

Do not get me wrong, I appreciate scantily clad women as much as the guy next to me...but it does get a bit boring after a while. Seeing a show from the BBC would actually a relief for me. And yes, Top Gear is a great show.

Tomos is totally right with his assesment, I gladly paid the dues I owed in the Netherlands. Your mind rots away from that content but not nearly as fast as with the content shown by the commercials.

Having said this, I stopped watching TV altogether. Besides internet, it is only DVDs, HBO, Starz and Discovery for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version