ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: firefox addon that allows you to open links in new windows

(1/1)

~Coxy:
Hi everyone!
I have a bit of an odd situation. (I'll freely admit that it's quite odd...)
I hate tabbed browsing. The way I like to browse websites is to use multiple windows. Unfortunately, most browsers aren't really geared towards that style anymore. Safari is the only one that allows you to do this, and it's discontinued.

I don't know if anyone here knows any XUL, or how hard it would be to do this (hopefully quite easy), or if it is even possible? (hopefully it is!)
But what I would really really like is an Addon that changes the middle-click action. Instead of opening that link in a new tab, it should open that link in a new window behind the current window.

The nearest thing I've found is https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/open-link-in/
"Open Link in Background Window" does exactly what I want!
But there is no way to make it the default action :(

Thanks for reading!

4wd:
It won't open them in the background but if you go to about:config and search for browser.tabs.opentabfor.middleclick and change it to False, (double-click on it), then any time you middle-click a link it should open a new window.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version