ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Google Reader - Mini-Review

<< < (2/17) > >>

IainB:
ARS Technica had two useful posts about GR being terminated:

* 1. Google announces Reader’s imminent demise
* 2. Poll Technica: Where should we go when Google Reader is put out to pasture?
The second item initiates a poll - Poll: What RSS service do you recommend for the newly Google Reader-less?.

IainB:
I'm trying out @40hz's suggestion re Sage. in the discussion: Re: Suggestions for a RSS reader
I've long since given up on something that's all-in-one.

These days I use the Sage extension in Firefox as my RSS reader and save what I want to keep to my Pocket (formerly ReadItLater) account or using Scrapbook depending on what it is.
None of the above have much in the way of bells & whistles.
Which is exactly the way I like it. YMMV. ;)
-40hz (December 23, 2012, 08:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

40hz:
I'm trying out @40hz's suggestion re Sage. in the discussion: Re: Suggestions for a RSS reader
I've long since given up on something that's all-in-one.

These days I use the Sage extension in Firefox as my RSS reader and save what I want to keep to my Pocket (formerly ReadItLater) account or using Scrapbook depending on what it is.
None of the above have much in the way of bells & whistles.
Which is exactly the way I like it. YMMV. ;)
-40hz (December 23, 2012, 08:50 PM)
--- End quote ---
-IainB (March 13, 2013, 08:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

FWIW I'm still using the FF+Sage+Pocket+Scrapbook combination. And I'm still perfectly happy with it. :Thmbsup:

(And I've tried every feed reader I could lay my grubby mitts on that ran on either Windows or Nix in the meantime. Have yet to find anything I like better or which offered some feature so compelling that I absolutely had to have it. YMMV  :))

Deozaan:

Lashiec:
To add insult to the injury, Nick Bradbury killed FeedDemon too. Holy fuck, stop killing things I use! Gosh, what I am going to use from now on? I have to either go for a pure web service, which I'm not very keen on, or buy a smartphone :o

Also, I am the one to blame for Reader's demise. Just this morning, while taking a shower, I thought what would happen if Google killed the service. Well, there you are :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version