ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

nirsoft freeware

(1/2) > >>

mouser:
shellcity.net has a link to shellex today, a nice freeware tool.
the author of that has a whole bunch of cool freeware: http://www.nirsoft.net/

zridling:
Although it's not a installation monitoring tool like Total Uninstall, MyUninstaller is very handy!

mouser:
its EXTREMELY handy.

let me tell you about a feature of it that i've only seen in one other tool, that hasn't occured to most people.
and in fact its absence from the major uninstallers is criminal.

and that is the ability to sort the list according to installation date(!).

actually you probably cant see installation date in the default view because the column is scrolled out of view, but just scroll right until you see the installation date column, and sort by that.

being able to sort by name or installation date is critical.

great little tool, this is my new uninstaller.

ps. the only other uninstaller i know of that did this was another freeware tool (Chris Uninstall Manager), which is faster than the nirsoft one at loading data, but not as featurefull and not as clean an interface).

Scott:
The "installation date" is actually a reflection of the last write time on the applicable uninstall registry key.

Darwin:
I'm VERY late in entering this discussion but thought I'd mention that Your Uninstaller! 2004 allows uninstall info to be sorted by install date and last use date... I've used other uninstallers, both free and paid for such as Ashampoo's Uninstaller Suite (nice idea but slow and fairly often removed files essential for other apps during the uninstallation process), UnClean (by PCMag) - which I still have installed, and My Uninstaller.

Just my two bits...

Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version