ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What are Samsung AA-SS2P20B 2.0Ch USB digital speakers and how do you use them?

<< < (2/2)

Target:
any chance theres something in the software for the 'parent' device, ie the series 9 notebook?

IainB:
Model AA-SS1P20B/US:
The AA-SS1P20B/US is listed as a SAMSUNG Accessory here:
www.samsung.com/us/computer/laptops-accessories/AA-SS1P20B/US
- where it says:
USB Stereo Multimedia Speakers
No power adapter required for these full-range 2.0W speakers. Just plug them into your notebook’s or netbook’s USB port. Features a power and volume switch, headphone jack, MIC jack and stylish Samsung design.

--- End quote ---

The AA-SS1P20B/US is given as being compatible with a range of SAMSUNG laptops (listed at the link).

Model AA-SS2P20B:
I did find these speakers (AA-SS2P20B) referred to as Accessories for the Series 9 13' Notebook, in a .PDF file here: www. samsung .com/uk

There is less info. on the AA-SS2P20B. For example, it is given on a Spanish site (no photos though) as the DIGITAL MULTIMEDIA SPEAKER 2.0CH USB

@4wd: There are no holes for electret microphones. I cannot get at the AUX to see what it is. Would seem to require breaking the casing to get at the innards, and I am unwilling to do that just yet. Judging from the SS1 notes (above) though, the headphone jack and MIC jack are incorporated into the one AUX socket of the SS2.

The other information (given on the label on the back of each speaker) is as follows, and doesn't lead to much of use:

* The Chinese manufacturer - name is Kwangwon Tech Co. Ltd.. I googled that and came up with references to its Korean base and also:
kwangwon electronics co.ltd is a supplier of computer 3d speakers and other products from guangdong, china.kwangwon electronics co.ltd does not currently advertise comprehensive company & product.

--- End quote ---

* Barcode: SEC S/N:CNBA9605882AD3IU19R0920 or SEC S/N:CNBA9606.882AD3IU19R0920 - googling that gave no result.

* AS 1588 - 3366 - googling that gave no useful result.

IainB:
any chance theres something in the software for the 'parent' device, ie the series 9 notebook?
-Target (December 14, 2012, 12:18 AM)
--- End quote ---
I couldn't find anything relevant in the drivers or software listed for download at:
http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/NP900X3B-A02US

4wd:
@4wd:I cannot get at the AUX to see what it is. Would seem to require breaking the casing to get at the innards, and I am unwilling to do that just yet.-IainB (December 14, 2012, 07:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

I meant a photo into the AUX jack from the outside - you should be able to see into it and see how many contacts it has.  You might not be able to take a photo but you should still be able to count the contacts made when you insert a plug.

You may even be able to feel how many contacts there are by inserting a plug, you'll get a distinct "click" as the notch at the tip moves past each contact.

eg. Here's the jack on my mobile, (not the best photo due to angle - there's one more contact right at the bottom):

What are Samsung AA-SS2P20B 2.0Ch USB digital speakers and how do you use them?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version