ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Happy 12-12-12~!

<< < (2/6) > >>

Edvard:
Just for posterity, here's the clock from my Xfce setup:

:Thmbsup:

Ath:
played 12 lottery tickets
-Renegade (December 11, 2012, 07:40 PM)
--- End quote ---
So you're evenly sharing your lottery earnings with 12 other DC'ers? ;D :Thmbsup:

fenixproductions:
Thx. Nice words are always good, no matter the reason.

sarcasm mode
First of all: I don't recall similar mood for last occasions like 11.11.11 or 5.5.5.

Second: It is year 2012 not 12. I understand that some shops here (Poland) make promotions and people behave on these like those additional 2 millennia have never happened but it is still 2012.

I saw words like "similar thing will happen in next 1000 years" somewhere which is mathematically wrong:
- if you allow to cut thousands off - it will happen in about next 900 years,
- if you cut hundreds too (and get 12) - it will be in about next 90 years?

Or we can cut even more and leave only last digits. It would give us so many occasions to be better people :)

Fred Nerd:
It's international roadie day.
In honor of all the roadies who test microphones:
"Check, 1 2,  1 2,   1  2"

Renegade:
played 12 lottery tickets
-Renegade (December 11, 2012, 07:40 PM)
--- End quote ---
So you're evenly sharing your lottery earnings with 12 other DC'ers? ;D :Thmbsup:
-Ath (December 12, 2012, 04:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ahem... Barney had it right:

Greedy  :P :P :P.
-barney (December 11, 2012, 09:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't recall similar mood for last occasions like 11.11.11 or 5.5.5.
-fenixproductions (December 12, 2012, 04:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

You obviously missed the International Day of Slayer... 6.6.6. ;D http://www.nationaldayofslayer.org/ (Auto-plays "Raining Blood" - watch your speakers.)

How seriously people take these kinds of dates is anyone's guess. They just seem kind of fun.

(Now to stir the pot... Muahahahahahah~!)

The logic behind dismissing numbers as special simply doesn't hold up - well, if you're a religious Pythagorean that is. :D ;)

Fact is, the universe holds some numbers and sets in high esteem. Pi, Tau, Phi, e, 153, Fibonacci numbers, etc. etc.

Now... let the logical blood letting begin~! ;D :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version