ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Anti-Addiction Drug

<< < (4/4)

kyrathaba:
Regarding the OP quoting the smartplanet article: I ran this by our agency psychiatrist, who is quite the expert in addiction treatment. He says this new drug's mechanism of action isn't really understood, and that it isn't ready for public consumption.

Tinman57:
Regarding the OP quoting the smartplanet article: I ran this by our agency psychiatrist, who is quite the expert in addiction treatment. He says this new drug's mechanism of action isn't really understood, and that it isn't ready for public consumption.
-kyrathaba (December 09, 2012, 12:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

And this has stopped big pharma in the past how?  lol  Hell, two of the prescriptions I used to take have been pulled because one caused bladder cancer and the other one did something else bad.  Probably memory loss.  lol

Renegade:
--- End quote ---

And this has stopped big pharma in the past how?  lol  Hell, two of the prescriptions I used to take have been pulled because one caused bladder cancer and the other one did something else bad.  Probably memory loss.  lol
-Tinman57 (December 09, 2012, 07:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

Both good points.

Have a search to find out just how many billions in fines they have paid.

Oh, and did I mention that it just came out that Big Pharma was paying the East German government for unknowing/unwilling/uninformed human experimentation before the wall came down? There is NOTHING they won't do for profit.

Tinman57:
--- End quote ---

-Tinman57 (December 09, 2012, 07:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

Both good points.

Have a search to find out just how many billions in fines they have paid.

Oh, and did I mention that it just came out that Big Pharma was paying the East German government for unknowing/unwilling/uninformed human experimentation before the wall came down? There is NOTHING they won't do for profit.
-Renegade (December 09, 2012, 09:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'll bet the fines they paid is nothing but a drop in the bucket compared to what they made off the drug to begin with, which really don't give them any incentive to stop this practice.  If Uncle Sam would figure out how much they made off the drug and fine them that much plus 10%, I'll bet they would stop pulling that little stunt real fast.  But as we already know, big pharma "donates" quite heavily to their political cronies, and the politicians don't want to cut off the hands that is lining their pockets with gold....

Renegade:
I'll bet the fines they paid is nothing but a drop in the bucket compared to what they made off the drug to begin with, which really don't give them any incentive to stop this practice.  If Uncle Sam would figure out how much they made off the drug and fine them that much plus 10%, I'll bet they would stop pulling that little stunt real fast.  But as we already know, big pharma "donates" quite heavily to their political cronies, and the politicians don't want to cut off the hands that is lining their pockets with gold....
-Tinman57 (December 10, 2012, 06:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

You are quite correct!

For example, the total fines for Vioxx were under a billion dollars, but they made around $12 billion on it.

The truth is that they have such an incredible conflict of interest that it is impossible to have any real trust in them and at least 1 brain cell at the same time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version