ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2013

N.A.N.Y 2013 Submission - BookCrop

(1/6) > >>

Nod5:
NANY 2013 Entry Information
Application Name BookCrop Short Description BookCrop quickly batch crops many jpeg photos of book pages Supported OSes tested in Win7 Web Page http://nod5.dcmembers.com/bookcrop.html Download Link http://nod5.dcmembers.com/downloads/bookcrop.zip Author nod5 Description1. Drag and drop a folder of jpeg or tif images.
2. BookCrop overlays them all into one preview.
3. Draw a rectangle and click "crop" to lossless crop all images.
(4. or Ctrl+draw another rectangle to the right of the first to crop split each image to two files)
Use BookCrop on folders with right and left pages before ScanTailor when book scanning.
BookCrop is like Briss but for jpeg files.
See the application web page for more details and usage tips.
ScreenshotsN.A.N.Y 2013 Submission - BookCropN.A.N.Y 2013 Submission - BookCropN.A.N.Y 2013 Submission - BookCrop
InstallationUnzip BookCrop.
Download and install the latest GraphicsMagick (Q8 version is faster) to any folder, BookCrop automatically finds it.
Download libjpeg-turbo-1.3.0-gcc.exe (for 64bit get gcc64.exe) or newer and unzip the exe (with 7-zip) and browse to the \bin subfolder and copy jpegtran.exe and libjpeg-62.dll and place next to BookCrop.exe
Run BookCrop.exe
UninstallationDelete the BookCrop application folder.
Help me out with this:
- test it in Win xp, Vista and Win7 32bit
- let me know if you find any bugs

added updates:
- preview height now adapts to screen height.
- new option: crop to subfolder (keep originals).

edit 2013-06-22: updated the instruction above to fit new files and features
edit 2014-11-14: updated version with split batch job (left right) and rotation

kyrathaba:
Haven't tested it, but great idea!

PhilB66:
What components of GM are required and can I just place them in the bookcrop folder?

Nod5:
Phil, use the installer and install to any folder you want. BookCrop then reads the GraphicsMagick binary path from the registry. But jpegtran.exe on the other hand must be manually placed in the BookCrop folder. I will clarify that in the OP.

akinomento:
What is the quality loss in the jpgs after the crop?

Also, it says:

GraphicsMagick not found. Install it and try again

But there is no way to install this, it just runs from the exe, am I wrong?

I am in Win 7 x64

Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version