ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Anyone actually use rewriteable media?

<< < (3/9) > >>

brotherS:
I've always bought the cheapest I could find, with any media.
-Hirudin (April 21, 2006, 06:32 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thou should not do that if thou want to restore the data :D

Hirudin:
Thou should not do that if thou want to restore the data :D-brotherS (April 21, 2006, 06:40 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yeah, I know that's the theory, but I've probably burned close to 1000 CDs in my life, and like I said, only had a problem with that one "brand" of discs.

Actually, come to think of it, they were OfficeMax brand.
Off Topic: The only quality product I've bought at OfficeMax is their "MaxBright" paper, it's awesome! Pretty much everything else has been disappointing one way or another.

Baseman:
No!...Nothings changed, still the same old story as far as Rewritables are concerned...I've lost a lot of data because of them...

CleverCat:
Hi - just joined today...

I use TDK DVD+RW with very few probs, and here in South Africa they can be bought for the equivalent of +- 60 US cents!  (Occassional hitch using Send To with InCD). I only use CD-RW to copy discs or backup a disc and backup my music. I prefer RW as you can wipe and re-use. I NEVER just burn to CD-R - Burn to Rewrite disc and then check if all ok and then burn to CD-R! For my major Image Backups and storing stuff I don't want to lose, I have found an External Enclosure to be invaluable and mine has a 60GB Drive - plenty for my Images etc.

CleverCat... :Thmbsup:

crono:
I use rewriteable medias sometimes for some backupjobs - but I use DVD-RAM and not DVD+/-RW. I never had any problem with DVD-RAM Media, but due to the higher costs (5 RAMs about 30 Euro) I consider buying (another) external HDD...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version