ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

FLV downloader needed

<< < (5/6) > >>

Giampy:
I use VideoCacheView-Giampy (December 08, 2012, 06:44 PM)
--- End quote ---
Now I use VideoCacheView-Tinman57 (March 14, 2013, 08:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

In the last months VideoCacheView no longer works with several videos. Some of them are protected videos (for example the videos by Vevo) and I can accept that, but the same thing happens with several normal videos too.
I loved VideoCacheView for many months but now I am forced to leave it.

Giampy:
In the last months VideoCacheView no longer works with several videos. Some of them are protected videos (for example the videos by Vevo) and I can accept that, but the same thing happens with several normal videos too.
I loved VideoCacheView for many months but now I am forced to leave it.
-Giampy (September 04, 2013, 04:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

There is a new version of VideoCacheView: "Version 2.60. Added support for saving the new MPEG-DASH streams of YouTube as MP4 file that can be played on any media player".
I don't know what it means. Is it the solution for the drawback I have reported?

mwb1100:
Can you post links for some of the videos that you can't download (but think  you should be able to)?

SQUIDMAN:
FOR mwb1100:

I can get almost every site except Dailymotion, using download helper. Do you think I should try "VideoCacheView: "Version 2.60" for that site?

Giampy:
Can you post links for some of the videos that you can't download (but think  you should be able to)?-mwb1100 (September 04, 2013, 08:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't remember. By a quick search I have tracked down these only:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jqb8l_VkJx0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1E1EH6bXfA
VideoCacheView 2.5.5 downloads them, but the player doesn't open them, as if they were empty.
Since VideoCacheView considers them as a kind of Mp4, I wonder if the new version 2.60 treats them in the right way.

However in other circumstances VideoCacheView doesn't see the temporary files in the cache, or it reports small strange file only.
In other circumstances everything seems ok, but the final file results corrupted (while I see the video by the player, at a certain point the video ends).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version