ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

FLV downloader needed

<< < (4/6) > >>

Tinman57:
  I pretty much gave up on all those vid-downloaders, they work for a while until youtube (and others) changes things, or they're loaded with adware.

Now I use VideoCacheView.  Now I don't have to download the same video twice, first time watching it, second time downloading it.  With VideoCacheView, you watch all the movies you want, then run VideoCacheView, select the vids that you want to keep, and it copies them to the folder you choose.

Zero3K:
I use VSO Downloader for downloading flash, etc. media. You can get it by going to http://www.vso-software.fr/products/downloader/vso-downloader.php.

Curt:
I pretty much gave up on all those vid-downloaders, they work for a while until youtube (and others) changes things, or they're loaded with adware.

Now I use VideoCacheView.  Now I don't have to download the same video twice, first time watching it, second time downloading it.  With VideoCacheView, you watch all the movies you want, then run VideoCacheView, select the vids that you want to keep, and it copies them to the folder you choose.
-Tinman57 (March 14, 2013, 08:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

I both agree and disagree. Many videos are available in much higher resolution than the auto-played one, especially if it was on facebook. So, as an example, I watch a 640 pixels version, but want to keep the 1920 pixels version - which is not in the cache.

Tinman57:

-Tinman57 (March 14, 2013, 08:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

I both agree and disagree. Many videos are available in much higher resolution than the auto-played one, especially if it was on facebook. So, as an example, I watch a 640 pixels version, but want to keep the 1920 pixels version - which is not in the cache.

-Curt (March 16, 2013, 01:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

Which ever one you watch is in the cache.  You have to change it to the resolution that you want while your watching it, then it will be in the cache.

Tuxman:
Firefox + DownThemAll! + FlashGot = ideal.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version