ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2013

N.A.N.Y 2013 Submission - CommandPromptHere for FARR

<< < (4/5) > >>

ewemoa:
New version uploaded.

First post has been updated to reflect changes and posts with instructions in this thread have also been updated.

oumu:
Great works! BTW, can you add some one-letter shortcuts to the command prompt entry, the same as other menu entries, so that we can open a cmd without clicking?

Thanks!

ewemoa:
I didn't think it would be doable, but I just tried an experiment and it looks like something might be possible.  Will investigate further.

In the mean time, this is probably less than ideal, but I believe tapping on the down arrow key an appropriate number of times might be a luke-warm work-around.

ewemoa:
Uploaded a new version which includes support for a history of paths.

See README.txt for more details -- in first post or included in plugin.

Hope to have some good news regarding the suggestion from oumu.

ewemoa:
BTW, can you add some one-letter shortcuts to the command prompt entry, the same as other menu entries, so that we can open a cmd without clicking?
-oumu (January 11, 2013, 07:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

From your screenshot it looks like you're using the submenu functionality.  A quick hack that might improve upon the arrow key work-around mentioned earlier is:

1. Update to version 0.0.0.4 of the plugin
2. Find the function named augmentContextMenuForPath in the file lib/optv2.js
3. Change the code:

--- Code: Javascript ---pu.buildSubmenuStartString({caption: "Prompt Here...",
to:

--- Code: Javascript ---pu.buildSubmenuStartString({caption: "Prompt &Here...",
The effect of this should be to make the submenu accessible via typing the H key (assuming the context menu for the result is already displayed).

So once the submenu is brought up using the H key, one of the following should invoke the desired command prompt:

Case 1:

The desired submenu item starts with a letter which no other submenu item starts with.  In this case, just typing the first letter in the desired submenu item should invoke the appropriate submenu item.

Case 2:

The desired submenu item starts with a letter which at least one other submenu item also starts with.  In this case, type the first letter the appropriate number of times until the desired submenu item is highlighted.  Then press Enter to invoke the submenu item.

IIUC, the behavior described above in cases 1 and 2 is pretty common in Windows.

Do you think this is good enough?  If not, do you have an alternate suggestion?

I know the idea above is not ideal for the case of not using the submenu, so I'd like to come up with a better idea.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version