ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Security, Law, Ego, and Patheticness

<< < (3/4) > >>

TaoPhoenix:
Is this the same as MetaData? Because deleting it risks turning you into a Terrorist per other threads!
(What about that Poor Journalist? Was his photo being shared without his direct permission? That's Copyright Infringement by Terrorists to you!  http://www.photo-mark.com/notes/2012/dec/03/stop-stripping-metadata/   Oh, Won't Someone Think of the Journalists??)

TaoPhoenix:
Law: Oh god...
Patheticness: Hacker? God... It's called looking at EXIF data...

So wait, how many layers of recast blame are we looking at here?

Law: "Now remember, class, when we like you, we call you a Security Researcher. When we don't like that you showed us up but you helped us, we call you a Hacker. When we want to tap into the meme to scare the sheep into letting us pass new laws, we call you a Terrorist. So be nice, okay? You wouldn't want to be called a Terrorist. P.S. We need another $50 Billion for a new surveillance program."
-TaoPhoenix (December 05, 2012, 02:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

Spot on! The Phoenix sums it up in just 51 words. :Thmbsup:

Take a bow T-Man!!! ;)
-40hz (December 05, 2012, 03:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

"Shit. You mean I miscounted? Well delete the word 'into' in the middle of '(into) the meme' then it's 50 words exactly, right?"   8)

Stoic Joker:
So, any suggestion on a good portable EXIF reader/viewer?

Renegade:
So, any suggestion on a good portable EXIF reader/viewer?
-Stoic Joker (December 06, 2012, 07:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not FastStone. Just checked. It doesn't tell you jack.

Mostly when I've been interested in EXIF data, I've just done it all in Visual Studio... Not really very useful for others. :(

Is this the same as MetaData? Because deleting it risks turning you into a Terrorist per other threads!
-TaoPhoenix (December 06, 2012, 03:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yep - same thing. And nope - not worried as I'm already guilty of a thousand other things to label myself as a "terrorist". Still, filling the piggy bank a coin at a time works. :D Oh... and that's another way in that I'm a terrorist - I have physical silver.  :o

Edvard:
Doesn't Right-click -> Properties show metadata?

XnView works pretty good, and XnViewMP can show the rating info as well:
http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=24210

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version