ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2013

N.A.N.Y Pledge: Automatic GST calculator

(1/2) > >>

Fred Nerd:
I haven't had much time for programming recently, so this is a good excuse to get back into it. It's only small, but I'm only a beginner

A bit of background: In Australia, all businesses have to charge 10% GST (tax) on goods and services. I work as a carpenter so I have to account for it.
I do all my accounts in an Access database since I like to do things manually for full control, and when entering data, I have to calculate the GST component. There is probably a way to get this done automatically BUT I want to do it my way.

Pledge:
I want a small app that will background monitor all keystrokes, if there is a series of numerals followed by TAB, it will display the GST component in a discreet manner. It will stay on to to allow it to be entered in if needed, and will dissappear on TAB.

Should include a settings dialoge to allow position of pop up answer, and a few other things.

relipse:
i can do this...
would be neat to allow user to add his own keystroke combinations for display

Fred Nerd:
I'll get it done, it's a relatively simple thing, so any extras are welcome :)
 I just need the time/coffee to get started. I haven't done any code for months, and no AHK for many more months.

Fred Nerd:
Uh oh, I ran out of time.
Here is the app as far as I got. Which works, BUT I did want to make it customiseable and other things.

But it works. Use it when writing out an invoice or account where there's a 10% tax rate (all of Australia). TAB into the field, enter the full amount, TAB to next field and the number will be displayed.

To clear the memory (in case you didn't TAB into the field) or to clear the splash box, use WIN + x

Happy New Year

kyrathaba:
Nice one, Fred  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version