ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Software for adding subtitles to an AVI, FLV or DVD movies?

<< < (3/3)

MilesAhead:
Tool Search

Use the "Select section" drop down. Select "Subtitles." There's tons of mostly free tools.

Forum where you can ask questions which also has stickies with subtitle download sites

For conversion of graphical subs you would use one of the OCR tools.  But I think most of them are designed to work with English text.  There may be some for other languages. But I haven't had a reason to search them out.

The only OCR I tried that I would consider using is the one built into DVDSubEdit. I've had good luck with "edit free" results a high percentage of the time. I can't stand to sit typing in characters. Maybe it works for some people. But it seems that no matter now many times I type in a character it still does not recognize it the next time it's encountered in the sub. If I'm just going to type the stuff in I might as well use a subtitle edit program.

edit:

Also there's a Doom 9 Subtitle Forum where you might pick up a few extra tidbits.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version