ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Wanted: App to separate multiple photos on page

(1/1)

CWuestefeld:
I've recently been handed a large quantity of family photos that need to be digitized, so they can be shared with the whole family. Scanning each photo individually will take from now until my retirement.

So I'm looking for a tool that will let me take a single sheet covered with many photos (laid out arbitrarily rather than according to any strict grid, and only approximately straight), and automatically separate them into individual image files, straightening each photo's edges as it goes.

Optimally this would be done as part of the scanning process. But what's really important is the separation and straightening, so if I had to perform an initial process of scanning each page into a big image for it to run on, that would be acceptable.

Does anybody out there in DC land know of such a tool?

4wd:
For GIMP: Divide Scanned Images

For ImageMagick: Multicrop

CWuestefeld:
For GIMP: Divide Scanned Images

For ImageMagick: Multicrop
-4wd (December 01, 2012, 07:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks, that appears to be what I'm looking for. Since the ImageMagick one can be run as a batch, that will be the direction I take.

4wd:
The GIMP routine also does batch processing:

The script also provides a batch mode to process a while directory of scanned images pages.
--- End quote ---

BTW, thanks for reminding me - I have a whole load of photo album pages that I took photos of and haven't got around to separating to individual pics :-\

Curt:
or get a digital camera

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version