ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

eyeOS - Online "Operating System"

<< < (4/4)

justice:
In online desktops you are remotely working with your private data. So I always get worried, can I get my data out of the online desktop? Will there be copies left behind? Can I cancel accounts? Is my data in a format that can be used by other applications if the open desktop is discontinued or will it be lost? And the obvious one: when there's network problems I won't be able to depend on it or fix it.

This I think will stop them from becoming too popular.  Makes more sense to remotely login to your computer at home, doesn't it? On the other hand, it's amazing to see what can be done. It will probably be able to evolve a lot quicker interface wise to operating systems and therefore they might come up with a few fantastic features that will inspire operating systems to do a better job.

Or is this old school thinking. ;)

Redhat:
Didn't notice the replies to this - sorry  :Thmbsup:

I agree, OS is a silly word (should have used Web Desktop / Webtop) .. but this post was made a while ago and the concept wasn't booming as much as today. Points taken, though  :Thmbsup:

cmysites:
www.cmyOS.com is offering their servers to host eyeOS's site with free accounts and unlimited storage for all users. I am excited to see how people use this and how this turns out.

Niefer:
I'd call them online offices and I think ThinkFree is the best among them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version