ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Alternative to Linkman

<< < (3/4) > >>

40hz:
All I'd really like is a standalone and portable bookmark manager that just saves the site names and URLs (with an optional notes field) in a tree list - and invokes your default browser when you click on one. Some keyword or tag feature might be nice - plus the ability to sort them and use folders - plus print the list out as a CSV.

Linkman is very nice. But it's way beyond what I need or want.

That pyBKM rjbull pointed to above is looks promising although it's appearance leaves a lot to be desired at this stage.

rgdot:
All I'd really like is a standalone and portable bookmark manager that just saves the site names and URLs (with an optional notes field) in a tree list - and invokes your default browser when you click on one. Some keyword or tag feature might be nice - plus the ability to sort them and use folders - plus print the list out as a CSV.

Linkman is very nice. But it's way beyond what I need or want.

-40hz (September 19, 2013, 06:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

+1

Agreed

xtabber:
LinkCollector would probably fit the bill.

I have a license, but haven't used it in quite a while, for no particular reason other than I found Linkman to do everything I wanted, and I haven't really needed the portability of LinkCollector.

rgdot:
Thanks xtabber. To quote forum user Contro:

Running to try

;)

rgdot:
If first few minutes is anything to go by we may have a winner, fast and what I need. Few more days of same and I will keep it  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version