ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2013

NANY 2013 PLEDGE - BU2M (Back Up 2 Mate)

(1/3) > >>

awopbamboo:
I appreciate that there is software out there that does this already, this is partly for my satisfaction....

What I am looking to create is a backup application, that will allow you to back up from your pc to a friends.  Therefore, giving you effectively 'unlimited' backup space (well, whatever space they decide to give you).

In addition, you will have an option to back up the a removable drive and to an FTP server (which many people might have access to anyway).

Its very early stages, so I am open to ideas and imput if anyone has any?

Cheers

J.

mouser:
I hate to be a party pooper, but what you are describing is a giant project.. I can't help but think that it's not an idea to take on unless you are absolutely driven to spend a good chunk of your life devoted to the project and are prepared to really research how to do it well.

awopbamboo:
Isn't it called the NANY CHALLENGE?  or is it supposed to be easy.....  :)

I don't expect it to be as smooth as silk....  But I'd rather try and do something I've not done before...

Out of interest, what problems do you forsee? 

What funtionality should it have?

Any ideas??
 :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Ath:
or is it supposed to be easy.....
-awopbamboo (November 28, 2012, 03:34 AM)
--- End quote ---
It is supposed to be released by January 1st, 2013, and best not be in an unfinished, pre-alpha state, but with the scope you've laid down, that'll probably be hard to meet :o But you're free to take the challenge if you like, ofcourse :up:

awopbamboo:
Will this do instead?

10 PRINT "My first NANY App";
20 GOTO 10

:D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version