ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

Mafia 1 and Mafia 2 - Atmosphere done right - Travel back in time to the 1940s

<< < (2/4) > >>

mouser:
A year later and i'm playing Mafia II again.. It continues to amaze me how much playing this game feels like living inside one of the Godfather movies.  Not played anything to equal it yet.

wraith808:
L.A. Noire is good also as far as game play.  I can't compare it to Mafia as I haven't played it.  But it's on a level like Red Dead Redemption, but for a noire detective story.  It's definitely akin to a story in a lot of places, and less open world than others because of that (not sure if Mafia is open world sandbox type), but it makes a sort of sense.  The mini-games are a fun distraction also that add to the environment and diversify what you need for success (especially the interrogations).

mouser:
Mafia2, one of my favorite games of the last few years, is now heavily discounted on steam.

mouser:
Mafia 3 has been anounced! Yay!
Here's someone talking about how Mafia2 gets a bad reap and how he hopes they don't listen too hard to the people saying that the new one has to have big changes:
http://www.gamesradar.com/mafia-2-misunderstood-gem-and-mafia-3-needs-retain-its-brilliant-quirks/

This guy nails that game and talks about why Mafia2 was so special.  If you're on the fence I encourage you to read it.  Mafia 2 is one of my favorite games I've played.

KynloStephen66515:
Mafia 3 has been anounced! Yay!
Here's someone talking about how Mafia2 gets a bad reap and how he hopes they don't listen too hard to the people saying that the new one has to have big changes:
http://www.gamesradar.com/mafia-2-misunderstood-gem-and-mafia-3-needs-retain-its-brilliant-quirks/

This guy nails that game and talks about why Mafia2 was so special.  If you're on the fence I encourage you to read it.  Mafia 2 is one of my favorite games I've played.
-mouser (August 02, 2015, 12:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

I loved Mafia II - The only thing that let it down for me, was the inability to go into "Free Roam" mode after completing it.  I wanted to be able to cruise the streets after everything ended and just have some fun in old cars, but it gave you no way to do it :(

Hopefully Mafia III will not do that!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version