ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

Mafia 1 and Mafia 2 - Atmosphere done right - Travel back in time to the 1940s

<< < (3/4) > >>

lanux128:
PC Gamer has a 12-minute Mafia 3 footage.

Source: http://www.pcgamer.com/heres-12-minutes-of-mafia-3-footage/

mouser:
I've finally gotten around to starting Mafia 3 -- in an attempt to get some escape from the real world.
It's much harder to get into, and not nearly as satisfying, but it does grow on you.. The acting is great, the story is good (though it can't compare to Mafia 2), and it's BIG.

I definitely enjoyed 2 more.. Mafia 3 seems to be more on the bandwagon of making you grind away doing millions of little missions hunting every square inch of map, slowly unlocking perks and collecting a million tiny little items hidden behind millions of locked doors, etc.   And a huge set of little micro-management of upgrade tree, etc.  Where 2 was more focused on a linear story and less grinding.  But still, the developers of these games have a real vision for creating a world and story that feels gritty and real.

The music is, as with the Mafia 1 and 2, absolutely outstanding, and adds a huge amount to the game.
It's amazing how these games make you feel like you are living in these worlds..

KynloStephen66515:
I've finally gotten around to starting Mafia 3 -- in an attempt to get some escape from the real world.
It's much harder to get into, and not nearly as satisfying, but it does grow on you.. The acting is great, the story is good (though it can't compare to Mafia 2), and it's BIG.
The music is, as with the Mafia 1 and 2, absolutely outstanding, and adds a huge amount to the game.
It's amazing how these games make you feel like you are living in these worlds..
-mouser (March 25, 2020, 10:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

I LOVED the Mafia 3 story. It felt SO immersive and I felt absolutely lost once I'd finished it.

I usually hate stories in games...but MAFIA 3 took me in.

mouser:
Just finished Mafia3.  Pretty amazing, as were the first two.  This series does not get the respect and admiration that it deserves.  Incredible games.
[ps I drove away]

mouser:
Back in 2012 I wrote about my love of the Mafia1 and Mafia2 computer games.  Now in 2020 they went back and brought the original Mafia game up to 2020 graphics and audio standards, and re-recorded all the dialog, etc. 
Can't wait to return to this game.  Highly recommended. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version