ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

"Columnist Corner" - read in please

<< < (4/4)

tenseiken:
Hmm... music software, eh?  I could probably write a book about the various uses of foobar2000.  Also, I think I could come up with a few other things--pros and cons of various audio codecs and possibly some recommendations about some other pieces of related software.  Since you indicated short pieces weekly, I could break things up a little bit since I tend to be long-winded about, well, everything I guess.  Doing that would give me plenty of material.  Now that I think about it, this is a topic that I am fairly opinonated about, so coming up with something I'd like to discuss should be no problem at all.  I guess you could try me out for a couple of weeks and see how I do.  I'll go ahead and send you an email.

mouser:
ok great,
we have our 5 starting columnists!

by all means if you want to make long posts go for it :)
i was just saying this doesnt have to become something that takes up huge amounts of your time,
and while some bloggers work hard to post very frequently like every day, these are really meant tobe weekly posts where people can look forward to reading a new post/column each week.

i guess since we are following the newspaper column model we should say that columns should be available on the morning of whatever day you are responsible for.  the blog software lets you submit posts in advance and scedule them so that is always an option.

this is fun :)
glad to have you all aboard.

i'm always open to new ideas - if there is someone reading this who desperately wants to be a columnist and thinks they can make a real contribution, we could always do columns on saturday/sunday, or have some rotating thing, etc.  and i'd be happy to give up my slot for someone enthusiastic with something to say.

tenseiken:
I'm cool with the 9 AM EST schedule you proposed.  I'm a night person as well, but it's no problem for me to write my column on Wednesday and schedule it to become available at 9 AM on Thursday morning.  I think the weekly model is a good idea--it really doesn't put any pressure on the columnists, and I think you have a good point about people looking forward to that week's column.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version