ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Removed Areas > Basic

What flavors of basic?

<< < (2/7) > >>

mitzevo:
I think what Carol said is good, then again not every one is going to follow that scheme, that's if any one even posts in this child board :P

On second thought, BASIC usually refers to the old days of BASIC.. so VisualBasic, and etc. should be in a different board while this one contains BASIC, FreeBASIC, and varients.

yup, and it should be BASIC  :)

Target:
simple question (compounded by the above thread...)

I assume when I read basic, you mean BASIC, but the references to VB makes me wonder.

if we're talking BASIC, is there a preferred flavour??  I've been experimenting with Emergence Basic (no reason, it's free, and it was handy...), but if there's a better/preferred option I'd rather know now... 

mitzevo:
basic usually means basic != vb

vb/visual basic are just the opposite.

jah:
simple question (compounded by the above thread...)

I assume when I read basic, you mean BASIC, but the references to VB makes me wonder.

if we're talking BASIC, is there a preferred flavour??  I've been experimenting with Emergence Basic (no reason, it's free, and it was handy...), but if there's a better/preferred option I'd rather know now... 
-Target (September 11, 2007, 01:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

Target, I would highly suggest you to avoid IONICWIND, their website, forums, applications because after all you get is grief! Paul Turley, the founder will keep stopping and taking back on the development.

He gave to his users numerous of excuses, for instance(and this is true) "My dog needs to go to the vets bla bla i need money if not i won't be able to work on the language"...So they did contribute...People on there are more like followers then users, so please do not pay him a dime! Maybe you could check out the following:

FreeBasic - it's free
PureBasic - it's 99bucks for life time updates(excellent language)
REALBasic - expensive and buggy
PowerBasic - a little pricey but not that bad!

I'll think of more later... :D

mitzevo:
Their are tons of BASIC variants.. I myself like regular QuickBASIC 4.5, and I've come to like FreeBASIC - well I that's what I did use back in the day ;D

But check out FreeBASIC, it's pretty cool =)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version