ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Removed Areas > Basic

What flavors of basic?

<< < (4/7) > >>

mlwhitt:
I completely agree with the avoiding Ionic Wind and any of Paul Turley's projects.  Matter of fact I blogged about the whole deal today over on my blog http://michaelwhitt.com/blog/?p=90

I don't have anything personally against Paul.  I think he is a smart man.  I just think that he has no clue how business works.  As the above poster mentioned he has a habit of posting all his troubles on the support forum.   He likes to beg for donations.  Begging just doesn't work.
-mlwhitt (September 18, 2007, 03:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

Paul contacted me asking me to remove my blog posting which I have chosen not to do .  I only stated my opinion as a former Pyxia and IonicWind customer.   I am sorry if there are those that get upset by others opinions.  Like I said Paul seems to be a nice guy and I meant nothing again him personally.  I just wanted to state my reasons for not continuing to go with his projects.   As far as the language and such I have no problems, I do think that it is a stable language.

mrainey:
I fully support your right to state your opinions.  That being said, the title of your blog posting ("Down with Emergence Basic and Ionic Wind") strikes me as a bit tasteless.

mlwhitt:
I fully support your right to state your opinions.  That being said, the title of your blog posting ("Down with Emergence Basic and Ionic Wind") strikes me as a bit tasteless.

-mrainey (September 21, 2007, 12:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have changed it to "No longer a fan of Emergence Basic and Ionic Wind"   I hadn't even paid much attention to the title I have the entry.

mlwhitt:
Well looks like Paul doesn't respect a paying customer's opinion as he has banned me from using the forums.  Mind you I never posted a link to my blog on the Ionic Wind forum, nor said anything bad about anything or even gave my opinions on that forum.

mlwhitt:
I have made another blog entry http://michaelwhitt.com/blog/?p=127 talking about why I think Visual Basic Express is better for a beginning or low budget developer over Emergence Basic.   This is the first part in a series that I am going to do comparing my thoughts on Visual Basic Express vs. Emergence Basic.   I may do other ones on Purebasic, LibertyBasic and such but my first few entries will be comparing VB Express with Emergence Basic.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version