topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 8:09 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Dark Castle - Amiga emulator  (Read 2800 times)

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Dark Castle - Amiga emulator
« on: November 10, 2012, 06:44 PM »
Years ago, I recall playing Dark Castle on a Mac PC. I got really good at it and used to keep clocking up the high scores, but it wasn't easy.
Clearing out my email today, I came across this package to get going with Dark Castle using an Amiga emulator (the game was released on Amiga also).
I have not tried to play this on Win-64 Home Premium yet.

[attachmini=#][/attachmini]

I have put the instructions in a text file in the package. Reference is made to http://www.winuae.net/ - an apparently thriving forum for the Windows port of the UAE Amiga emulator.
Spoiler
Instructions from Sean per email 2007-05-18.

To get Dark castle going:
1. Download an amiga emulator http://www.winuae.net/ (it was also made for amiga :)).
2. Then install it...
3. Once installed, save both the KICK.ROM and the darkcastle.hdf to the c:\program files\winuae folder
4. Start up Winuae.
   It will complain about no rom, ok past it.
   It will then display the settings page (to get back to this hit F12 in game).
   go to ROM, hit the ...  button which is browse and browse to your program folder and choose the .rom file.  OK out of it
   Then go to the hard drives button, click the add hardfile and on path select the program file location and choose the darkcastle.mdf then OK.

You can then click start and it's all go.

Mouse support is on, middle mouse button lets you disengage mouse from the emulator - buttons are:
   left mouse button throw rock
   A is left
   D is right
   Q is pickup/activate

Don't know what the rest are:) you can set them up (F12) and have a play around.