ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Why did it never occur to me.. You can wash a keyboard in water.

<< < (12/23) > >>

40hz:
The sugar in Coke can also corrode contacts and components.

We used to replace a lot of damaged laptop mobos thanks to soft drink spills.

MilesAhead:
Well if Coke won't do it, there's always battery acidYour keyboard will be clean, but very sticky. :)
-MilesAhead (November 28, 2012, 09:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

Uh... I think Sticky is the opposite of clean...
-TaoPhoenix (November 28, 2012, 09:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think the primary antonym for clean is dirty.
Is everyone a straight man? Just throw the thing on the lawn and let the sprinkler take care of it. :)

Stoic Joker:
Yes... But Sticky is a loosely related (in a third cousin sort of way) synonym of the antonym of clean.

app103:
If your vinegar bottle is try pop open a can of Coke Classic and give it a try.  Your keyboard will be clean, but very sticky. :)
-MilesAhead (November 28, 2012, 09:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

Diet Coke?

MilesAhead:
Yes... But Sticky is a loosely related (in a third cousin sort of way) synonym of the antonym of clean.
-Stoic Joker (November 28, 2012, 01:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nah. I've worked with glues that were very very clean and very very sticky.  :)

For me a paper towel with a bit of alcohol is good enough.  Some on a Q-Tip for the tops of the keys.  And that's only on occasion. Most of the time I just vac.

Which reminds me. They used to make a gizmo that amounted to a flashlight with a small blower on the end. Instead of canned air you could just use that. Too bad the construction was so flimsy.  They seemed to die in a couple of months. But it made me think of a battery-free solution that would last for years.  A junior bellows. Take the thing that hangs by the fireplace and reduce it to about 1/4 size.  Have it rigged out with a spring so you could work it with one hand.  Just squeeze the handles and a jet of air is produced.  Small enough to get in under the old CRT monitor. But nobody would produce them because they would last too long.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version