ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Why did it never occur to me.. You can wash a keyboard in water.

<< < (9/23) > >>

cranioscopical:
I would say my keyboard is almost as solid as those IBM keyboards.
-Shades (November 25, 2012, 09:52 AM)
--- End quote ---
Luckily for me I still use Northgate OmniKey Ultra keyboards that I bought somewhere around the early 90's. 119 keys, as good as the day they were bought.

40hz:
I would say my keyboard is almost as solid as those IBM keyboards.
-Shades (November 25, 2012, 09:52 AM)
--- End quote ---
Luckily for me I still use Northgate OmniKey Ultra keyboards that I bought somewhere around the early 90's. 119 keys, as good as the day they were bought.
-cranioscopical (November 25, 2012, 10:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

I still have two Omnikeys too. :) :Thmbsup:

Best keyboards ever made in my opinion - although the Logitech Illuminated Keyboard isn't a bad alternative choice even if the key layout is a little strange in places and it feels nothing like an Omnikey. The decent touch response on the Logitech is supposedly due to something they call the PerfectStroke key system.

The PerfectStroke key system was developed from our desire to put the best parts of a laptop’s keyboard into a more comfortable, full sized keyboard to create an unforgettable typing experience that makes every key stroke smooth, comfortable, and quiet. This system uses the scissor-key mechanism found on laptop keyboards for an improved key feeling and faster response time. To create this affect, micro-scissors are added under the keys to help control the force and travel of the keystroke.

Key travel is the vertical distance required for each keystroke, or how far down the key moves when you press it. Whereas laptops typically have a key travel of 2 to 2.5mm, research shows that a longer key travel improves your typing comfort and requires less force. So, we gave PerfectStroke a key travel of 3.2mm. If, like me, you like the feeling of your laptop’s keyboard, but wish it were more comfortable, you will love our keyboards with PerfectStroke.
--- End quote ---

I really like the way it feels. And you can absolutely fly on the thing. YMMV
 8)

MilesAhead:
Best keyboards ever made in my opinion
--- End quote ---

I was very tempted to get one of those. Especially back then I was accustomed to working the function keys on the left on my old XT keyboard with the left pinkie. But at that time $89 or thereabouts, was a serious chunk of change for me.

Renegade:
I've mostly used basic keyboards and am used to them. I have one of those fancy Microsoft USB multimedia funky keyboards, but never use it except when I need a USB keyboard.

40hz:
was accustomed to working the function keys on the left on my old XT keyboard with the left pinkie. But at that time $89 or thereabouts, was a serious chunk of change for me.
-MilesAhead (November 25, 2012, 04:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

Still is a serious chunk of change for me for just a keyboard. ;D

But it was for business use so it was easier to justify the price back when I bought them. ;D

The main reason I bought the Logitech Illuminated was because I desperately needed to get another good keyboard and found one on clearance at Staples for $29. I never would have paid the regular $69 they were asking for it.
 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version