ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Why did it never occur to me.. You can wash a keyboard in water.

<< < (2/23) > >>

app103:
I also open the keyboard, just like eleman does.

I used to keep my keyboards sealed in heavy duty plastic wrap (it stretches better without tearing and you can heat seal it instead of using tape) and never actually had to clean one till I gave up that habit. Bonus with the plastic wrap method of keeping your keyboard clean is that the characters don't wear off the keys. Might have to go back to doing that, as my daughter is a bit upset over the fact that since I started sharing a PC with her again, the E, A, S, and N keys are now blank.  :-[

Mark0:
I remember a video documentary of many years ago, that showed some kind of PC motherboards manufacturing process.
The motherboards where washed in water & soap in one of the final steps!  ;D

Ath:
the E, A, S, and N keys are now blank.
-app103 (November 23, 2012, 02:28 AM)
--- End quote ---
The SANE keys? :huh: ;D

Renegade:
I used to keep my keyboards sealed in heavy duty plastic wrap (it stretches better without tearing and you can heat seal it instead of using tape) and never actually had to clean one till I gave up that habit. Bonus with the plastic wrap method of keeping your keyboard clean is that the characters don't wear off the keys.
-app103 (November 23, 2012, 02:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

That reminds me...

My "keyboard condom" was filthy dirty, and stretched, so I threw it out.

Pretty much every keyboard I've ever bought (well, since 1998), has come with a "keyboard condom" - a soft plastic/rubber cover - to keep dirt out.

Do they have them in the US/Canada/Australia/wherever?

I'm still using an old Samsung keyboard that I've had forever, and while it's pretty dirty, it still works very well. I think it was 10,000 won (about $9).

techidave:
None of the keyboards I have boughten have had the "keyboard condom".  They came in a plastic bag.   I live in the heartland of America.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version