ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Screenshot Captor - New Quick Capture Bar

<< < (8/10) > >>

mouser:
New beta version is up and should have a fully working quick cap bar.

I too would like to hear what people think would be the best default settings for FIRST TIME NOVICE USERS.

tomos:
Working now :D
Like Josh I'd recommend the minimal icons as default, also for beginners - they're used to looking for tooltips too I think :)

Speaking of tooltips - they're a bit erratic and often dont display - I think it might be that they only display when the toolbar has been clicked.
Easiest way to reproduce is simply to restart SC (with Quick Capture Bar enabled) -tool-tips no longer show on mouseover.

I'll chance an icon request/comments - unfortunately I'm unable to take a screenshot of the bar here (how did you get that shot Abterix :tellme:)
-
They are really nicely designed :Thmbsup:
I think they would look better with a little more contrast.
The red X - while it looks good, it dominates the icons - and it is really the least important. The bar autohides, if someone wants to turn it off they can go into settings or via the tray icon. If you want to keep it, I'd recommend making the others stronger (recommended anyways) and the X more discreet.
-
The three post capture options: - it took me a while to figure out that there is only one selected here - I initially just thought that one icon was darker by accident. (I then thought that that icon toggled the setting and was confused when another click didnt change anything.) I'm not sure waht could be done to make that clearer. In ways, the activated one could be greyed out as it is no longer an option - only the other two can now be selected. Again, that would need the other icons to be 'stronger' in general. Maybe with a stronger outline.
-
I wonder should they all be the same size as the icons on the right? The bar autohides anyway so space is not of a premium. But with a little less spacing. If I could take a shot of the $ยง%$ thing I'd be able to mess around with it and see what might look good/better. I'd standardise the sizes anyway, whether slightly larger or smaller.

mouser:
The three post capture options: - it took me a while to figure out that there is only one selected here - I initially just thought that one icon was darker by accident. (I then thought that that icon toggled the setting and was confused when another click didnt change anything.) I'm not sure waht could be done to make that clearer. In ways, the activated one could be greyed out as it is no longer an option - only the other two can now be selected.
--- End quote ---

ive added another option which moves these post-capture things into the drop-down settings button on the quickbar.. useful if you want to take up less space and explain what they are for.  I'll be uploading this version soon:

The red X - while it looks good, it dominates the icons
--- End quote ---

you may have a point there.. might try to tone that one down a bit.

mouser:
Speaking of tooltips - they're a bit erratic and often dont display - I think it might be that they only display when the toolbar has been clicked.
--- End quote ---

yes, this is exactly right -- they arent showing when the toolbar isnt the active (clicked) window.  its on my list to fix.

tomos:
I find it drops down too easily. With a window taking up the full left-hand-side of screen - trying to reach it's close-button is difficult because the bar keeps dropping down.

When the toolbar autohides, I'd prefer if there were less of it visible (I presume that visible strip triggers the drop down - so related to above).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version