ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Keyboard shortcut of the day

<< < (7/12) > >>

J-Mac:
A handy combination that I had to search like hell to find.  If a program's window disappears from the screen but it is still open - meaning the window has moved to a location off the screen:

Alt-Tab to the missing window, then Alt-Space, M, then any arrow key. Now move your mouse and the missing window will suddenly pop back onto the screen.

Sounds weird but for a while last year Evernote's window would disappear from the screen right after installing any new update. Developers insisted they had no idea why, so I guess maybe it was something weird on my system. It stopped after a few months though I never did find out why it was happening. Moving the window back onscreen became much easier however after finding the above sequence!

Thanks!

Jim

dojibear:
J-max thanks. I was just getting ready to try to find that again...

I wonder if I can make an Autohotkey macro to do it. Then I wouldn't have to remember it with my brain.

Stoic Joker:
Tab at a command prompt to scroll through the items in the current directory.

ewemoa:
Tab at a command prompt to scroll through the items in the current directory.
-Stoic Joker (December 06, 2012, 06:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nice!

ewemoa:
I wonder if I can make an Autohotkey macro to do it. Then I wouldn't have to remember it with my brain.
-dojibear (December 06, 2012, 03:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

How's this?  Control+Alt+Shift+S to invoke...

--- Code: Autohotkey ---#SingleInstance#Persistent ^!+s::{  Send !{Space}  Send M  Send {Up}  MouseMove, 1, 1}

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version