ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2013

N.A.N.Y 2013 Submission - Super Simple Photo Resizer

<< < (3/5) > >>

cmpm:
Using Photo Resizer at full screen hides this option a bit.
I can still click on it, by grabbing the very top of the 'OK' box.
A good option for exact Crop Size, nice!

Renegade:
Wonderful entry  :up:
-psionics (November 30, 2012, 04:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you! I appreciate that! :D It's always good to hear! :D

Using Photo Resizer at full screen hides this option a bit.
I can still click on it, by grabbing the very top of the 'OK' box.
A good option for exact Crop Size, nice!
-cmpm (November 30, 2012, 07:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

I tried to hide as much complexity as possible, but leave it open for those that want a bit more. Pretty much all of that extra stuff is hidden in shortcut keys. It's all in the Help file. (I might have missed a few... don't remember at the moment...)

These are all of the shortcuts:

A
Add
B
D
F12
F2
F3
F4
F5
K
L
L && Control
L && Shift
OemMinus
Oemplus
R
S
S && Alt
S && Control
S && Shift
Subtract
U

Most are in the Help. Nothing is destructive, so they are all safe to use and experiment with.

Marcel25:
I was looking for something like this, but with two additions:
- I would like to do this in batch, handling all jpg's in a single folder
- I would like to make the colored square picture and greyscale square picture

So whenever I shoot a series of 10 pictures, my aim would be run something like this and have 30 pictures at the end. I would be OK with automated cropping, but I would not mind cropping each one myself. The process of savind the copies in specific names would help me A LOT (something like Image001.jpg -> Image001c.jpg & Image001bw.jpg).

Would you be willing to add this? That would be great!

Renegade:
I was looking for something like this, but with two additions:
- I would like to do this in batch, handling all jpg's in a single folder
- I would like to make the colored square picture and greyscale square picture

So whenever I shoot a series of 10 pictures, my aim would be run something like this and have 30 pictures at the end. I would be OK with automated cropping, but I would not mind cropping each one myself. The process of savind the copies in specific names would help me A LOT (something like Image001.jpg -> Image001c.jpg & Image001bw.jpg).

Would you be willing to add this? That would be great!
-Marcel25 (December 03, 2012, 04:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

While I'd like to say yes, I can't. I purposefully designed the program to be for single images with no possibility for batch processing. The idea was to make a very simple, fast, intuitive piece of software that you only need 1 brain cell to use. All complexity is hidden, though a fair bit is available through keyboard shortcuts (I didn't want to visually clutter the UI).

It would be faster and easier to simply write a batch processing program, which I can't do at the moment as I'm working on an audio project.

If I have time, I'll check into whether it is feasible to add in image filters (e.g. greyscale). I can see how I could add that in and have it be very unobtrusive and simple.

I probably should mention that the program keeps track of your uploads for you and lets you create a simple report so that you can find the original upload URLs:

N.A.N.Y 2013 Submission - Super Simple Photo Resizer

Simply press "R" to get there.

ewemoa:
How did you decide on what resizing (scaling?) algorithm to use?

...and what did you decide on? :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version