ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Your Smart Device Predictions?

<< < (3/3)

Paul Keith:
Well that goes back to the very beginning of the PC story. The PC was always a lesser device and it always left behind a segment in favor of the "personal" (which is the version of portable back then) and then when it got the PC brand off, only then did it return to it's segment of cheaper utility for schools, powerful videogame console, new age typewriter.

Target:
at the risk of hijacking the thread (apologies up front :-[), and on a semi related theme, what constitutes 'good battery life' as far as 'smart' phones go these days

I'm considering an upgrade and any references I can find seem to indicate the damn things need to be charged daily (WTF? my existing phone lasts me weeks...)

and can anyone refer me to a site that does worthwhile/reliable reviews?  I've been poking around but most seem to be little better than regurgitations of the manufacturers blurb

Tinman57:

Quote from Tinman57:  I read an article on the internet that pretty much said the same thing.  These companies are releasing technology a little at a time, only giving you the older technology.  Once they've made their money on that, they'll release the next big thing that's been sitting on the shelf for years....
--- End quote ---

Can you find that article?  I'd be interested...
Yeah right?  It sure feels that way.  And 40hz mentioned how the european and asian countries had more advanced tech than we do long before we get it, which kind of shocked me.  To me, that confirms that we are becoming less and less intelligent as a nation because it means that a)we buy into hype and are unable to think for ourselves critically b)other countries are working harder than we are.
--- End quote ---

Gee, that was an article I read on either PCWorld or ZDNet more than 3 years back.  I don't even know if they archive their stuff for public access....

They also said what you were thinking.  Europe is the testing ground for the newer technologies.  If they go well over there, then they start marketing it in the U.S.  All part of the same article.  lol-superboyac (November 19, 2012, 08:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version