ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2013

NANY 2013 Pledge & Release: KyrTTS

(1/1)

kyrathaba:
I'm hoping to find time to program a more extensive, polished app; but I'm hedging my bets by releasing this small portable program (no .NET runtimes; it can be run from a thumb-drive if desired):

KyrTTS is Kyrathaba's Text-To-Speech application. If you have Microsoft SAPI installed, this program can be used to convert English text (contained in a text file) into WAV audio.

Here is the download link for the non-UPX-compressed application in a zipped file (333 Kb download, 626 Kb extracted).

And here is a download link for a UPX-compressed version of the program (281 Kb download, 286 Kb extracted).

Ath:
Wow, great. Both this program and that you've entered the 'race' :Thmbsup:

TaoPhoenix:
It's cute but it's a little too stripped even for my fading interest in TTS.

I used to use TextAloud back in the day. So unfortunately I don't have a use case for this little thingie. I'm happy to offer "essentials" features ideas but if programs are submitted as "I don't have time" that sounds counter-productive.

kyrathaba:
So it's cute, but counter-productive?  :P

TaoPhoenix:
So it's cute, but counter-productive?  :P
-kyrathaba (November 19, 2012, 08:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well, maybe that default voice can be used to torture terrorists to Save Our Country, but to actually *listen* to an audio text, I prefer not to end up like the guy in a Clockwork Orange.  :o 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version