ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

SysExporter - (Screen-scraping) Export data from Windows controls - Mini-Review

<< < (2/3) > >>

IainB:
Minor updates to the review in the opening post, and added this edit note:

EDIT - 2013-01-04 I later discovered the menu Option to select "Remove Question Mark Characters".    :-[

IainB:
I had occasion to use this proggy again today and thought I should update the review  with the latest version number - v1.72
This is such an incredibly useful tool when you need it.   :Thmbsup:
NirSoft's software is a veritable mine of generally useful Swiss Army Knife-type applications.

IainB:
Somebody PM'd me with the question: (my emphasis)
I have downloaded the SysExporter but I cant get the number of pages of the files in my folder.
--- End quote ---

I'm not absolutely sure that I understand the Q, but, as far as I am aware, SysExporter is not able to count pages within document files displayed in a folder, but, if there is a column in the display that gives a count of the pages, then SysExporter will probably be able to see that and export the numbers in it to a .CSV file.

Hope this helps or is of use.

IainB:
Just updated the OP to reflect that the current version of SysExporter is now v1.75 - up 5 versions from v1.61 (as originally posted).

Versions History - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/sysexp.html
Version 1.75:
Added 'New SysExporter Instance' (Ctrl+N), which opens a new window of SysExporter.

Version 1.72:
Added 'Run As Administrator' option (Ctrl+F11), which allows you to easily run SysExporter as administrator on Windows Vista/7/8/2008. You should use this option if you need to extract data from a software that is executed as administrator.

Version 1.71:
Fixed to accept 64-bit handles in /Handle command-line option.

Version 1.70:
Added command-line options that allows you to export the data of Windows controls to a file, without displaying any user interface. For example, to export the active ListView in the task manager of Windows to html file:
sysexp.exe /Process "taskmgr.exe" /class "SysListView32" /Visible "Yes" /shtml "c:\temp\1.html"

Version 1.62:
Fixed the flickering while scrolling the items of list-view.

Version 1.61:
Added 'Auto Size Columns+Headers' option, which allows you to automatically resize the columns according to the row values and column headers.
Fixed issue: The properties and the other windows opened in the wrong monitor, on multi-monitors system.

--- End quote ---

exjoburger:
SysExporter looks very useful, thanks for the mini-review.

There is a small freeware portable utility called GetWindowText, that can grab text from several Windows Controls, including directory trees and list views, but it is not as fully-featured as SysExporter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version