ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Gadget WEEKENDS

<< < (120/121) > >>

Mark0:
Gadget WEEKENDS

Got a Xiaomi Air Pump to check/fix the tyres pressure without having to move out the big compressor.
It's compact and weight less than 0.5KG. Took about a minute and a half to take a 18" tyre from 2.6 to 2.9 bar.
The car sensors agree with the set pressure, so it seems precise enough. Done all 4 wheels, and then another, smaller car before the LED signaled 25% or less charge.

mouser:
Where are you going to find that 3080 is the question.. the graphics cards are impossible to find in stock these days..

Renegade:
You have 2 RTX3080 video cards in your new PC?  Better put in a 1200 Watt power supply. When both video cards have a 100% load, the 1000 Watt power supply will make your system unstable.
-Shades (March 08, 2021, 06:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

I wanted 2, but they'd only give me 1.

Where are you going to find that 3080 is the question.. the graphics cards are impossible to find in stock these days..
-mouser (March 10, 2021, 03:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

I ordered the computer built by probably the top high-end computer dealer in Canada. They've got a good relationship with the manufacturers.

KNIVES! EDC!

I finally broke down and got myself a couple decent knives. I've always had garbage knives. A good number of them cost less than $2.00. Canadian.

Not the best, but decent. I still want to get a flat grind. I'm finding the serrated ones are great, but they are limited in some ways.

Today I got the sharpeners for it. These ones arrived a week or so ago:

And these arrived this weekend:

I sharpened my 2 new knives, and they're damn sharp. Like, scary sharp. Since they're serrated, I can't "shave" with them, but man... are they ever sharp.

I've tried on other old, garbage knives, and it's simply IMPOSSIBLE to get an edge like on a decent knife made with decent steel.

My old Victorinox Swiss Army Knife gets sharp... but nowhere near the Spydercos. The others? Pfft. Hopeless. Quality really, really matters.

I carry the Rescue knife much more than the Cricket. I'll switch it up & see which I like most.

The Rescue knife I got in part because of that time (posted here long ago) that I had to smash a car window to pull a guy out of a burning car wreck. Had I have had something like this, it would've been much easier & faster. You just never know.

But really, I'm using the new knives mostly for opening & chopping up boxes. It's a LOT more fun & enjoyable with a decent blade.

Deozaan:

I got the above heatsink case to go with my Pi. I'm normally very utilitarian and don't care too much about how things look and just go for black, but I really like the colorful options this case comes in.

My only complaint about it is that it doesn't quite fully encase the board. Which, in practice, means that the microSD card is poking out a few millimeters, exposed to damage from bumps or drops. On the other hand, this also makes it a bit easier to get in and out. But on the other other hand, my device isn't really going anywhere (so I'm unlikely to bump or drop it) and I'm not doing anything with it that requires frequent removal/reinsertion of the microSD card.
-Deozaan (December 11, 2020, 11:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

My Raspberry Pis were collecting dust, so I decided to sell them on eBay recently. I had gotten another case for my Pi 4, which didn't work out as intended, so I sold it bundled with the Pi. But that means I still have the above Pimoroni case for a Raspberry Pi I no longer have.

I'm willing to send it to any established member of the forum who wants it, as long as you're willing to pay shipping costs. If I don't get any takers in a week or so then I'll probably try my luck on eBay.

4wd:
It's been awhile so time for some gadgets:

Last time I was in the UK, (2022), I picked up a Samsung Gear 360 kit, (VR headset plus the camera), for the princely sum of £25 on eBay.
Wanted it for the cameraw which I've used while 4wding, works well.

Gadget WEEKENDS

Budi multifunction stick.
uSD storage and card reader, SIM storage and removal tool, USB-C to USB-C cable with USB-A, micro USB-B, and Lightning adaptors, plus a phone stand.

Gadget WEEKENDS

ZimaBoard 432, mid-range version. 4GB RAM, 32GB eMMC storage, 2 SATA ports, 2 Gbe ports, PCIe x2 slot, silent.
Thinking of plugging a WiFi 7 card in and using it for pfsense or OPNsense, depending on how good wifi support is.

Shown mounted on a 3D printed 'sled' for mounting in a rack, along with two 120GB SSDs, and a 4 port Gbe card.

Gadget WEEKENDS

Just recently, Akaso Brave4 action cam for upcoming trip, (4 cruises back-to-back, Sydney->New York, 67 days), comes with a load of mounting accessories.

Gadget WEEKENDS

VEEKTOMX 22.5W 10Ah Power Bank, wanted something a little smaller and lighter than my usual Romoss 74W 20Ah Power Bank with PD and QC.

Gadget WEEKENDS

LENCENT 65W Universal Travel Charger to keep things charged.

Gadget WEEKENDS

HGFRTEE 14" 4k portable IPS display, USB-C power/video input + mini-HDMI input, stero speakers

Gadget WEEKENDS

Flextail Zero Pump inflator/deflator.

Gadget WEEKENDS

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version