ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Gadget WEEKENDS

<< < (116/121) > >>

Deozaan:
Actually, I think we've all kind of missed the point, me included  :-[

AnyDesk, NoMachine, VNC, etc are for controlling the computer remotely. Client controls host.
-4wd (December 30, 2020, 03:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

I thought the point was that even though something like AnyDesk is intended for remote usage, it can still be used for "screen sharing" and allow someone to remotely see what the local user is doing. Or in other words, you can still control the Pi using a keyboard and mouse connected to the Pi while seeing the results "remotely" (i.e., wirelessly) on your tablet. And it also provides the benefit of granting you touch controls if you want to use the tablet as an input device as well.

Nod5:
I think you need to look for something that implements the WiFi Display protocol (MiraCast), for example MiracleCast.
-4wd (December 30, 2020, 08:02 PM)
--- End quote ---
Interesting! Have you used it? I hope these kind of tools evolve to open, near turnkey, inexpensive two-part wireless hardware kits: plug in a caster/sender device to the PC or Raspberry HDMI out port and plug in the receiver to either the HDMI in port on a display/TV or to USB OTG on an old android phone/tablet (maybe flashed with a custom ROM) and shazam: wireless screen over direct Wi-Fi. Pair them by temporarily connecting a cable from receiver to sender and press a hardware button. Bonus feature would be to allow multiple simultaneous receiver devices for one sender device.

4wd:
Actually, I think we've all kind of missed the point, me included  :-[

AnyDesk, NoMachine, VNC, etc are for controlling the computer remotely. Client controls host.
-4wd (December 30, 2020, 03:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

I thought the point was that even though something like AnyDesk is intended for remote usage, it can still be used for "screen sharing" and allow someone to remotely see what the local user is doing.-Deozaan (December 31, 2020, 02:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

There you go, I've officially used up whatever brain cells were allocated for this year ... I'm dumb  :-[

And I just discovered NoMachine can do the same with a little fiddling ... I think I'll shutup until my brain cells are replenished next year.

wraith808:
I'm officially confused.  The original video was about setting up a display that's not a display for the raspberry pi, which was really interested in, and thanks for the video.  The other things were a tangent I guess?  I think?  Maybe?  I dunno.

Deozaan:
I'm officially confused.  The original video was about setting up a display that's not a display for the raspberry pi, which was really interested in, and thanks for the video.  The other things were a tangent I guess?  I think?  Maybe?  I dunno.
-wraith808 (December 31, 2020, 08:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

* A tablet is not a display for the Raspberry Pi.
* If you use an HDMI -> USB -> USB OTG converter, and your tablet supports USB webcams, you can wire up the tablet to be a display for the Raspberry Pi.
* Or if you use remote desktop software like AnyDesk, you can accomplish the same thing wirelessly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version