ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Gadget WEEKENDS

<< < (113/121) > >>

4wd:
Here a review of its more powerful brother, the iPlay 30 ...-tomos (December 23, 2020, 12:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Take it for what you will but ... it uses an MTK SoC, of the 3 phones I've had with one they all developed a problem within warranty. One phone started running the battery down like crazy, (even after factory resets), two other phones just died, one near end of warranty, the other within 3 months of purchase.

I think the Alldocube X Neo would be better but then it costs more, Qualcomm Snapdragon 660.

So far the iPlay20 has been rock solid, if I had one criticism it would be that both speakers are on the bottom. Would have been better if one was on the top for when you watch video in landscape position. But then I almost always use BT earphones so it's not really a problem for me.

... but be warned, they ignore the unsubscribe button on emails :-/
--- End quote ---

And that's why you use throw away email addresses ... plus you generally get new user coupons/discounts each time you create a new account ;)
Try logging into the account and remove all email prefs.

Deozaan:
but be warned, they ignore the unsubscribe button on emails :-/-tomos (December 23, 2020, 12:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

I can second that, as I've discovered the same issue with Banggood. :(

Deozaan:
I think I've just discovered another use for the tablet:

EDIT: I've heard that AnyDesk works nicely on Raspberry Pi OS (Linux) and Android. So maybe I'll save myself some money and a bunch of cables and just do it that way. :Thmbsup:

DOUBLE EDIT: It seems there's no ARM64 build of AnyDesk available. So while they claim to support the Raspberry Pi 4, I guess that means you have to be using a 32-bit OS for it to work. :(

4wd:
DOUBLE EDIT: It seems there's no ARM64 build of AnyDesk available. So while they claim to support the Raspberry Pi 4, I guess that means you have to be using a 32-bit OS for it to work. :(-Deozaan (December 24, 2020, 05:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

Try NoMachine instead, it's available for a lot more architectures including ARMv6-v8.

Works quite well from Win10|Android->RasPi 4B (DietPi ARMv7 - don't have a RasPi with 64bit installed atm).

Shades:
Always had issues here with NoMachine. While AnyDesk is laughable simple, the same cannot be said for NoMachine, in my n=1 experience.

Let me share my experience with AnyDesk:
The Android version of AnyDesk on my Huawei P20 (not the Lite version) has no problem connecting to my 64-bit computers running AnyDesk. It wasn't a problem when my phone was still running Android 9, But some 5 months ago it got Android 10 and still no problem.

According to the internet the Kirin 970 processor is a 64-bit ARM processor. Could not find quickly if the Android version on my phone is 64-bit or not. Connecting my phone (through AnyDesk) with my Linux laptop, running 64-bit Pop! OS is no problem at all. Connecting my phone (through AnyDesk) with my other local Windows machines was also no issue at all. No matter the direction of the connection.

Connecting my phone (through AnyDesk) with remote Windows machines at my disposal was no problem either, but audio was not always that great. But since a few months at the remote location a fiber connection is available. Before that only a cable connection. When that connection is active, operation of AnyDesk can be flaky. But that has much more to do with the quality of the connection than AnyDesk itself. The fiber connection appears to be a much "smoother" experience.

TL;DR
Connecting to/from my 64-bit Linux laptop with my ARM Android phone using AnyDesk was no issue at all. Think it is a pretty safe bet that you can expect the Linux version you'll use on your Raspberry Pi device will not give you problems when connecting with Android devices using AnyDesk.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version