ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Gadget WEEKENDS

<< < (110/121) > >>

4wd:
Do you feel that, at the lowest setting, the screen of the iPlay 20 can get adequately dark enough in a nearly completely dark room that it can still be comfortably used for some reading?-Deozaan (September 19, 2020, 11:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

The tablet has no auto-brightness so you need to adjust manually, if you're in the habit of constantly changing levels this will probably become real old, real fast.

That being said, I've only used FBReader for all my ebooks and you can adjust the brightness by simply sliding your finger up/down the left side of the display, anywhere from 1-100% brightness.

Gadget WEEKENDS

Dark room, against dark carpet, set at 1%, FBReader night mode - it's actually a little dark for me, up around 10% is a lot better with less eyestrain. (I know, shitty picture, phone couldn't cope with that low a level.)

Gadget WEEKENDS

At 10%.

Battery life is really turning out to be excellent:
Last full charge: 21 hours ago
Screen usage since: 7hrs 15mins (Netflix 3H8M, Infinity 1H22M, plus a mix of browsers, puzzle games, etc)
Battery remaining: 42%
Prediction of 14hrs use remaining, (depends on what you run of course).

Plus I've had a SIM in it just to see what it was like: phone calls, SMS/Signal, mobile data, etc all work OK.

I'll try and do a mini-review later but naturally it's going to be skewed towards what I use it for, (eg. I don't do any gaming apart from the occasional puzzle game).

Currently (approx US$):
Banggood: $122 (I got mine here when it was on special)
GearBest: $130
AliExpress: $127
SunSky: $110 (Never heard or dealt with them)

I've bought a few things from Banggood recently and they've managed to turn up almost as fast as the local mail which is in dire straits with our current Stage 4 lockdown here, (eg. 2.5 weeks or less from Banggood vs 2-4 weeks to come from Amazon AU ... I could drive to the Amazon warehouse and back in 90 mins with a stop for coffee ... if we were allowed to drive that far ;D ).  Not an endorsement, just anecdotal - it might be a completely different story sending to the USA.

wraith808:
So, I just moved into a new house, and in my office, I'm used to having a lifx light in the fixture.  But I didn't want to deal with changing the light in the fixture in my office, and also wanted something a bit less in your face.  My wife had gotten me a desk lamp that I used for that, and with the Qi charging, it was a good place to put my phone when I wasn't interacting with it.  So I wanted one of those, that could be controlled by Google Assistant.

Gadget WEEKENDS

This is better than I expected for the price.  It's all plastic even though it looks metallic- but that's fine with me.  The only downside is that the lamp only goes up and down and does not swivel.  But another upside is that it has a USB port, so I can power my little USB decoration through it also.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B085ZBG7LQ/

Deozaan:
I've bought a few things from Banggood recently and they've managed to turn up almost as fast as the local mail which is in dire straits with our current Stage 4 lockdown here, (eg. 2.5 weeks or less from Banggood vs 2-4 weeks to come from Amazon AU ... I could drive to the Amazon warehouse and back in 90 mins with a stop for coffee ... if we were allowed to drive that far ;D ).  Not an endorsement, just anecdotal - it might be a completely different story sending to the USA.
-4wd (September 20, 2020, 05:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks again for your responses. I've ordered one from Banggood for just under $130 with shipping. ETA is October 14. So, just over 3 weeks. :up:

mouser:
wraith, neat!

Deozaan:
I've ordered one from Banggood for just under $130 with shipping. ETA is October 14. So, just over 3 weeks. :up:
-Deozaan (September 21, 2020, 06:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

It arrived on Oct 2! I'm very pleased about the quick shipping time. But I'm currently very busy focusing nearly every free moment I have on Ludum Dare 47, so it may be a few days before I get it unpackaged and properly set up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version