ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Gadget WEEKENDS

<< < (109/121) > >>

4wd:
DOH! New tablet also: Alldocube iPlay 20 - For just over US$115 it's a terrific tablet, (previously had an Amazon FireHD8) - a review.

No Widevine L1 so limited to Netflix SD but tbh, it's a 10" screen, it still looks pretty good.

Other than that: Octocore Unisoc, Android 10, 1920x1200 10.1" IPS w/ Gorilla Glass, GPS/Beidou, 4GB RAM + 64GB Flash, up to 512GB uSD, USB-C, Dual SIM 4G LTE (inc. B28 & VoLTE) ... biggest phone I've ever owned ;D

Deozaan:
DOH! New tablet also: Alldocube iPlay 20 - For just over US$115 it's a terrific tablet, (previously had an Amazon FireHD8) - a review.

Other than that: Octocore Unisoc, Android 10, 1920x1200 10.1" IPS w/ Gorilla Glass, GPS/Beidou, 4GB RAM + 64GB Flash, up to 512GB uSD, USB-C, Dual SIM 4G LTE (inc. B28 & VoLTE) ... biggest phone I've ever owned ;D
-4wd (September 11, 2020, 08:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

That looks pretty nice for the price. I've been wanting a newer tablet for a couple of years now. I'm still using my Nexus 7 (2013), but it's barely hanging on to life these days. It's super slow, stuck on Android 6, background apps (including the home screen) don't often survive swapping back and forth between another app (probably because it closes background apps to free up RAM), and it no longer charges reliably through the USB cable. The only saving grace that has allowed me to continue using it this long is that it supports wireless charging. I've come to rely on wireless charging so much that I'm disappointed that nearly 10 years after the release of the Nexus 7 it's not a much more ubiquitous feature in modern Android devices.

Does the iPlay 20 support wireless charging?

wraith808:
That looks pretty good... especially for the price!  Put up your own review after using it for a while, if you will.

4wd:
Does the iPlay 20 support wireless charging?-Deozaan (September 11, 2020, 11:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry, plain old USB charging. If wireless charging is a must then I think the new Amazon Fire tablets are about it currently, you're not likely to get wireless charging on these cheap tablets.

Currently, with the screen at about 60-80% brightness, I'll watch a couple of movies at night, (files, Netflix, Amazon Prime, or Jellyfin), and do about 3 hours of reading, browsing, etc with about 40-45% battery left after 6 hours of screen on time. At that point it reports approx 3.75 hours left before it needs charging, so I'm getting around 9-10 hours currently.

There's also a Pro version that has 6GB RAM but unless you like to load up with apps running in the background it might not be worth the extra.

Deozaan:
Thanks for answering my questions. I almost bought it on impulse already, but put it off, and now the price is slightly higher. :(

Nevertheless, it's inexpensive enough that I'm still considering a purchase. . .

Currently, with the screen at about 60-80% brightness, I'll watch a couple of movies at night, (files, Netflix, Amazon Prime, or Jellyfin), and do about 3 hours of reading, browsing, etc with about 40-45% battery left after 6 hours of screen on time. At that point it reports approx 3.75 hours left before it needs charging, so I'm getting around 9-10 hours currently.-4wd (September 12, 2020, 09:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

Speaking of which, though a 10" tablet might be a little too large to do this comfortably, part of my bedtime ritual is to do some reading in bed using my (7") tablet. I find the lowest brightness setting is adequately dark enough for me that I don't feel blinded by it (though I wish it could get even darker!). My phone, on the other hand, is too bright, and can't get dark enough for me to want to use it to read in the dark, even at the lowest setting; It hurts my eyes too much.

Do you feel that, at the lowest setting, the screen of the iPlay 20 can get adequately dark enough in a nearly completely dark room that it can still be comfortably used for some reading? I know it's a bit subjective, as some people are more or less sensitive to light than others (I'd consider myself a bit on the more sensitive side), but I'm curious how you feel it performs in this regard.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version