ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Gadget WEEKENDS

<< < (103/121) > >>

Deozaan:
It said it was short, not complete. :D

IainB:
@holt:
I need some real paper book gift suggestions for my wife, if anybody is game. I keep thinking along the lines of maybe an Almanac, but wouldn't know which edition; or maybe some kind of 'facts' consultation book. In real paper and ink. Any ideas? :)
-holt (April 02, 2020, 01:01 PM)
--- End quote ---
Maybe you could give her a .PDF file with images of the cover and all the pages of an ACTUAL real hardcopy book, and tell her to print off any pages she particularly likes.  :-\
Just a thought, to save on paper.

IainB:
@Deozaan:
It said it was short, not complete. :D
-Deozaan (April 03, 2020, 05:02 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yes! And so it did!
I think you will find that it would be incomplete by definition.
(I've since modified my post.)

jroman:
I need some real paper book gift suggestions for my wife, if anybody is game. I keep thinking along the lines of maybe an Almanac, but wouldn't know which edition; or maybe some kind of 'facts' consultation book. In real paper and ink. Any ideas? :)
-holt (April 02, 2020, 01:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

If your wife enjoys facts, it's hard to beat The Engineer's Manual. Tables of everything: need the melting point of telluruim, the thermal conductivity of gutta percha, the weight of bee's wax, 25 pages of conversion factors from almost anything to almost anything else (gilberts/centimeter to ampere-turns/inch anyone?)

And the front half of the book will give you the math(algebra to vectors to hyperbolics) and formulae (mechanical, thermal, hydraulic, electrical, etc.) for which you can use all those data and conversions. Weir flow calculations? We got 'em.

Fun book, not lessened by often being useful. The link above will take you to an Amazon page where it's available.

Gadget WEEKENDS

Katie:
This is appreciable, especially the rule #1  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version