ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Gadget WEEKENDS

<< < (98/121) > >>

Deozaan:
I currently have the Sennheiser RS 185 RF Wireless Headphone System and a Blue Yeti.  The headphones are good enough to roam the entire house with the added benefit that I don't have to remember to mute when I walk away as the mic doesn't travel with me.  But it's good enough to be heard in my whole office even when I'm at one of my other computers or the whiteboard.
-wraith808 (May 03, 2019, 03:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

Wow, those look very nice! I wish I had $500 to spend on headphones and a microphone. :D

Maybe I'll go for one of the lower model Blue microphones, such as the Snowball iCE and just use my CozyPhones. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. :Thmbsup:

Shades:
Got myself this headphone. Sorry, the info doesn't change to English when I select it.

Anyway, you can use it with bluetooth but also by 3.5' jack. You can even put in a MicroSD for music and if you leave the cable for the 3.5 jack dangling, it is used as antenna for the build in FM radio receiver.
Besides all this, it sounds great and the over ear muffs do a very good job of cancelling out ambient noise. Has a microphone built in as well and mutes with one button tap. Paid 35 USD for it and did not regret it for one minute.

wraith808:
I currently have the Sennheiser RS 185 RF Wireless Headphone System and a Blue Yeti.  The headphones are good enough to roam the entire house with the added benefit that I don't have to remember to mute when I walk away as the mic doesn't travel with me.  But it's good enough to be heard in my whole office even when I'm at one of my other computers or the whiteboard.
-wraith808 (May 03, 2019, 03:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

Wow, those look very nice! I wish I had $500 to spend on headphones and a microphone. :D

Maybe I'll go for one of the lower model Blue microphones, such as the Snowball iCE and just use my CozyPhones. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. :Thmbsup:
-Deozaan (May 03, 2019, 04:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

Keep them on camelcamel or something.  I paid a little over $180 for the headphones after waiting for a while and $120 for the mic.

4wd:
Received my new Raspberry Pi 4B 4GB recently:

Gadget WEEKENDS

As well as a new "case" for my RasPi3B+ (which dropped its operating temperature to about 32°C):

Gadget WEEKENDS

Waiting on a version for the RasPi4B to arrive.

Deozaan:
-Deozaan (May 03, 2019, 04:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

I ended up getting the Blue Snowball iCE (in Black).

Gadget WEEKENDS

It's a lot larger than I thought it would be from the photos. Eyeballing it with a ruler next to it, I'd say it's around 3.75-4 inches (~9.5-10 cm) in diameter, or about the size of a softball. Plus it comes with a stand that raises it up another ~3.75 inches, making it just under 8 inches tall. I intended to put it in front of my 2 monitors, right in the center where the two bezels are. But it's so large and so tall that it occludes more of my view than I thought it would and hampers my workflow.

Other than that, it seems to work well enough for basic VoIP and other voice chat for gaming. I haven't thoroughly tested it with anything where audio quality is super important (recorded videos with voice). I did a couple really quick tests using Audacity and OBS and the audio seemed fairly quiet to me in those recordings. But they were both recorded with the Snowball iCE about 2-3 feet away from me, rather than just a few inches from my mouth which seems to be the intended location for this microphone.

For these two reasons (it being too big and too far away) I'm now looking into getting an adjustable boom for it. I've got my eye on this boom:

Gadget WEEKENDS

But then, as I understand, having the microphone only a couple inches away from your face causes plosives to become a big problem for audio quality. Therefore I've also got my eye on this pop filter to help with that:

Gadget WEEKENDS

But because I'm not doing anything regularly where high quality audio is required, I'm not in a rush to pick these accessories up. So it may be a few months or longer before I actually get them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version