ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Gadget WEEKENDS

<< < (97/121) > >>

ayryq:

Can you use it wired with just the power cable? Or do you need 2 USB ports, one for the wireless dongle, and one for the charging cable?

Wireless is nice when you need to get up and move away from your PC, but I use my headset 99%+ of the time while seated at my PC and hate the inevitable connectivity issues that occur with wireless headsets.
-Deozaan (May 03, 2019, 11:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

This question was asked at the amazon page as well. Sounds like audio transmission is wireless only; the USB cord is power only. The headset can be used while charging, in which case two USB ports would be used.

mouser:
what ayryq said.
99% of my use is seated at pc as well.. BUT having a cord dangling from your head is no fun.  that's what i upgraded from.  so i'm glad to be wireless even when i'm seated at my pc.  i just have to remember to occasionally charge it.
it uses a standard micro(?) usb cable for charging.

wraith808:
That's strange... mine only uses one port, whether wired or wireless.

https://smile.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Surround-Headphones-Microphone/dp/B003VANOFY/

That third image shows the dongle; when it's connected for charging, you only use the one cable still and get the sound also. (Note that the prices have gone up a lot seemingly since they're hard to find; I paid nowhere near that price).

I don't use that anymore; since most of mine use is seated at a PC, and I don't need to speak when getting up, I got a good pair of wireless monitors and a separate desktop mic.  The stand for my monitors also charges, so I don't have worries about keeping it charged.

Deozaan:
That's strange... mine only uses one port, whether wired or wireless.

https://smile.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Surround-Headphones-Microphone/dp/B003VANOFY/

That third image shows the dongle; when it's connected for charging, you only use the one cable still and get the sound also. (Note that the prices have gone up a lot seemingly since they're hard to find; I paid nowhere near that price).

I don't use that anymore; since most of mine use is seated at a PC, and I don't need to speak when getting up, I got a good pair of wireless monitors and a separate desktop mic.  The stand for my monitors also charges, so I don't have worries about keeping it charged.
-wraith808 (May 03, 2019, 02:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ah, I see you have the Logitech G930.

Gadget WEEKENDS

Technically that's still 2 ports. It's just that the charging cable comes with a mini, 1-port USB hub for the dongle. :D

I also have the Logitech G930 headset. But it frequently disconnects and reconnects, even though the dongle is a mere 2-3 feet away, with an unobstructed line of sight. And every time it does that (which can be every few seconds), it seems to forget that the microphone should be muted while it's in the up position. And the battery has bit the dust, so I'm basically tethered to my desk anyway because it only lasts a minute or two when it's not plugged into the charging cable. And, like mouser said, the pleather earphone covers have been disintegrating for the past couple of years, covering the area around my ears, and my clothes and chair, in tiny black flakes.

For these reasons I've been on the lookout for something different, and I'm hesitant to trust Logitech after every one of my recent purchases (keyboards, mice, headsets) from them has failed (or begun to fail) within only about 2 years.

I'd be interested in seeing links to and/or info about your wireless monitors and desktop mic.

I ended up getting a Bluetooth headset from MonoPrice in February.

Gadget WEEKENDS

It works fine for audio (if you don't mind the seemingly unavoidable audio delay BT always entails), but the microphone doesn't seem to play nice with my system, which to the best of my understanding is on account of it being a Bluetooth device. But in addition to that, I just find it very uncomfortable--painful to wear, even.

So I think the MonoPrice headset was a bust, and I'm usually very pleased with MonoPrice branded things. Maybe that's because I usually stick to just buying cables from them. But these are so bad that I almost never use them.

In the meantime, I've been using the Original Sleep Series CozyPhones when I need only earphones (so I'm on the lookout for a good desktop mic), and I've gone back to using my G930 when I need voice chat.

Gadget WEEKENDS

The CozyPhones are pretty great. As advertised, you can even lay down (and sleep) while wearing them without much discomfort. I think the CozyPhones, paired with a good desktop mic, might be as close to my ideal solution as reality will allow. My only real complaint about them is that because the placement of the earphones is adjustable in the headband, they naturally tend to get pulled toward the back from repeated tugs on the cable. This means they need to be repositioned every so often. At first it was every few days, but as I became aware of the problem and have been more careful not to allow the cable to get tugged so much, it needs adjusting every few weeks (~1.5 months) for me now.

That said, their newer models appear to be more form-fitting and may have taken care of that issue.

wraith808:
Technically that's still 2 ports. It's just that the charging cable comes with a mini, 1-port USB hub for the dongle.
-Deozaan (May 03, 2019, 03:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

:P

I also have the Logitech G930 headset. But it frequently disconnects and reconnects, even though the dongle is a mere 2-3 feet away, with an unobstructed line of sight. And every time it does that (which can be every few seconds), it seems to forget that the microphone should be muted while it's in the up position. And the battery has bit the dust, so I'm basically tethered to my desk anyway because it only lasts a minute or two when it's not plugged into the charging cable. And, like mouser said, the pleather earphone covers have been disintegrating for the past couple of years, covering the area around my ears, and my clothes and chair, in tiny black flakes.
-Deozaan (May 03, 2019, 03:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've never had that problem with disconnects.  I also replaced the cover- they have replacements on amazon really cheap as I found out, that work even better than the included padding.  The only reason that I changed was because of the fact that I wanted better fidelity for my headset.  I do miss the shortcuts on the headphones though, but the tradeoff is more than worth it.

I currently have the Sennheiser RS 185 RF Wireless Headphone System and a Blue Yeti.  The headphones are good enough to roam the entire house with the added benefit that I don't have to remember to mute when I walk away as the mic doesn't travel with me.  But it's good enough to be heard in my whole office even when I'm at one of my other computers or the whiteboard.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version