ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Gadget WEEKENDS

<< < (92/121) > >>

ayryq:
I bought a surprisingly-inexpensive intervalometer for my DSLR.
-ayryq (February 16, 2018, 08:29 PM)
--- End quote ---
Use HD, full screen or you can't see the stars!

Padlock6:
I bought a 'delta' style printer last black Friday, and have enjoyed building it- then figuring out how to make good parts!
I work with 3D CAD at work, so the creating is pretty straightforward, as long as there are not too many curves.  Sorry, CODY would be easiest to print if it was scanned, or recreated by an artist.  Which I'm not.
So far I have printed 4 custom hooks to hold dog leashes, an adapter to mount my dashcam in the most discreet spot, and some button battery holders for a guy at work making electric tea lights.  My current project is an organizer for the center console in my truck to hold glasses.  It's slow going, but I'll get there.
Good printing to you.   :)

dc

mouser:
I have seen mention of a "delta" 3d printer but I don't really know what it means.

And thanks for reminding me after I split off the 3d cody model discussion -- we actually have a good one now.  The discussion of 3d cody model was split off into this thread: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=45256.0

Padlock6:
It's a 'delta' style because it has three legs, and three arms that control the hotend.  So no true X, Y, and Z axes. 
Here's one similar to the one I got.   https://3dprinting.com/pricewatch/3d-printer/anycubic-delta/   
If you skip to 5:25 on this video   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11PVy4AUbeQ   you can see how hypnotizing it can be.
At least for me.

IainB:
Nokia Purity HD Wired WH-930 by Monster On-Ear Headphones.
I found these (used/discarded) headphones last Sunday. They are rather good!
Usually, I donate found stuff to local charity op-shops, but I think I shall keep these, as I coincidentally needed another pair of headphones.
-IainB (October 17, 2017, 10:51 PM)
--- End quote ---
Gadget WEEKENDS

I mentioned that the foam ear-pads (cushions) on these headphones tend to deteriorate/disintegrate and that this looked to me like a deliberate design flaw (built-in product obsolescence) as the ear-pads seem to be non-replaceable (no replacement spares available, anyway). My Heath-Robinson fix to the headphones using duct tape to hold the ear-pad cover in place worked for a while, but long exposure of the tape to body heat and skin oils seemed to consistently cause the tape adhesive to alter and the fix to become a sticky mess, requiring white spirit to clean it up before re-affixing the ear-pads with fresh duct tape. This was repeatable, so the headphones fell into disuse. Ah well. But I didn't throw them away.

Fast forward to today... (text in spoiler below image)

SpoilerTactix replacement over-the-ear headphone cushions for Nokia Purity HD Wired WH-930 by Monster On-Ear Headphones
I bought a set of 2 replacement ear muff cushion pads (cost NZ$5.98 - discounted from $17.95) for the Tactix Bluetooth safety wear headset (see image below). The cushions worked as a nifty fit to replace the badly deteriorated/disintegrated rectangular Nokia Monster headphone on-ear cushions, turning the headphone into an over-the-ear headphone at the same time!
This was a lucky find. Though these Nokia Monster headphones are very good, they are ergonomically not the best - wearing any on-ear headset cushions for long periods can tend to make one's ears (cartilage) hurt.
Replacement cushions are not available anyway, so I just had my rather Heath-Robinson fix-up cushions. This simple Tactix replacement over-the-ear conversion feels perfect for me.
No glue or fixing required. The replacement cushions have a rigid plastic backing plate. To use, just put the cushions in place with the backing plate towards the headset speakers. The plate has a ridged moulding that coincidentally holds the speakers in just the right position. Holding the assembly in place, simply put the assembly on one's head. There's nothing tricky about it. Once on the head, the new cushions are held in place by one's ears and the spring-loaded tension of the headset band. It thus becomes a very comfortable, over-the-ear headset. Removing the headset, the new cushions just fall away for neat stowage.
Yay! I've got my "favourite" headphones back - and they're even better (more comfortable) than before.

TACTIX®
2 PCE EAR MUFF CUSHIONS

TACTIX®
Replacement cushions for Fineline 5810828 & 5810685
Meridian International Co., Ltd
www.meridianintl.com
Made in China

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version