ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Gadget WEEKENDS

<< < (87/121) > >>

Deozaan:
It can also be used as a FIDO U2F device for 2FA logins. Now if I only knew whether or not any sites I use support the FIDO U2F standard. . .-Deozaan (October 14, 2017, 08:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

Check here: Dongle Authentication

I use mine mainly for Google, CoinJar, and one other site.
-4wd (October 15, 2017, 01:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks! Pretty slim pickings according to that site. In fact, CoinJar isn't listed as one of the sites that use U2F. :huh: And BitBucket is listed on that site but when I checked my login options I only found TOTP.

4wd:
It can also be used as a FIDO U2F device for 2FA logins. Now if I only knew whether or not any sites I use support the FIDO U2F standard. . .-Deozaan (October 14, 2017, 08:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

Check here: Dongle Authentication

I use mine mainly for Google, CoinJar, and one other site.
-4wd (October 15, 2017, 01:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks! Pretty slim pickings according to that site. In fact, CoinJar isn't listed as one of the sites that use U2F. :huh: And BitBucket is listed on that site but when I checked my login options I only found TOTP.
-Deozaan (October 15, 2017, 04:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, sorry, I have a Yubikey 4 Nano, it can do OTP as well as U2F.

It doesn't list all sites, the other site I use mine for mainly isn't there either.

I originally bought the Yubikey FIDO, (because it was cheaper but it only does U2F), but realised the Yubikey 4 series would be a much better choice so I got one when Amazon had a 50% off Prime Day.

IainB:
Nokia Purity HD Wired WH-930 by Monster On-Ear Headphones.
I found these (used/discarded) headphones last Sunday. They are rather good!
Usually, I donate found stuff to local charity op-shops, but I think I shall keep these, as I coincidentally needed another pair of headphones.

Gadget WEEKENDS

4wd:
Nokia Purity HD Wired WH-930 by Monster On-Ear Headphones.-IainB (October 17, 2017, 10:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

Look pretty much like the MEE Audio AF65 Touch headphones I have ... except yours have a wire  :P

IainB:
Nokia Purity HD Wired WH-930 by Monster On-Ear Headphones.
-IainB (October 17, 2017, 10:51 PM)
--- End quote ---
Look pretty much like the MEE Audio AF65 Touch headphones I have ... except yours have a wire  :P
-4wd (October 18, 2017, 04:03 AM)
--- End quote ---
Crikey, yes, so they do - in fact, from the close-ups, the design of the MEE Audio AF65 Touch look almost identical, barring the rounded-hole ear-pads.
The close-ups seems to indicate that the ear-pads are probably still made/fitted in the same rubbish way though - i.e., glued-on to a fabric backplate, which is itself glued-on to the plastic of the headset. However, they might last a while longer, because, by going for a perforated design for the ear-pads, they look as though they might have avoided the perishable seam (weakness/defect) of the rounded-hole ear-pad design of the Monster headphones.

I noticed that that rather sturdy Monster style of "my" headphones seemed to occur in quite a lot of variants of Nokia-Monster headphones/headsets, and most/all pictures I saw seemed to indicate that they had been made with the defective (rounded-hole) ear-pads. I presume that the defective ear-pads were why "my" headphones had been discarded - the owner probably didn't have the DIY skills to realise that a quick Heath-Robinson job could fix them up like new.
I'm not complaining. They are nice headphones. New price is/would have been approx. US$40, per Amazon and other shopping sites.

A short-lived satisfaction, unfortunately. I am not able to use them much now, as, after her trying them out last night, my daughter promptly took ownership of them and gave me her old Sony noise-cancelling headphones in return (which are pretty good, but not so sturdy or comfortable).   Cheek!     :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version