ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Gadget WEEKENDS

<< < (84/121) > >>

tomos:
I'm leaving my current job after 16+ years to pursue a new challenge...and then a fresh start
--- End quote ---

Congratulations, Ath!!! Go get 'em!!-mouser (August 06, 2017, 05:31 AM)
--- End quote ---
:Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:
-wraith808 (August 06, 2017, 10:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

yes, congrats Ath, enjoy the new start!

tomos:
I have had this Braun travel alarm (#1 in the photo - Type 4 768 AB30sl) for 30 years, and it has always worked great. The back falls off and battery rolls out if it falls - which it has done many times - but it hasn't broken yet, and I started putting a rubber band around it to keep the back on better.
-x16wda (August 06, 2017, 10:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm still using neat little one that's about twenty years old -- the back has fallen off it, so the battery is held in with a hair elastic. I cant see any brand name on it, but it says 'Made in Germany'. I had given up using it until I realised smartphones are not so smart as I thought, and cannot be depended on (mine anyways).

Good to get a couple of possible replacement recommendations  :up:

Ath:
yes, congrats Ath, enjoy the new start!
-tomos (August 06, 2017, 01:16 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks tomos, wraith808 and mouser for the encouragement :), I've been looking around silently for some time but at 55 that's not easy. But for this job I've been asked if I would be interested to join, and I'm quite sure I'm gonna like it very much.

Thanks x16wda for enlightning us with your alarmclock selection process, it is very helpful :up:

cranioscopical:
I'll carefully toss in the 'gadget' I bought yesterday: A VW Golf
-Ath (August 06, 2017, 04:14 AM)
--- End quote ---
Golf and a new job… clearly this will be a management role.

Good luck!

IainB:
...the back has fallen off it, so the battery is held in with a hair elastic. ...
-tomos (August 06, 2017, 01:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

Tip: Battery covers are often the first bit to "fail" on small DC appliances that might otherwise work just fine. I found that Blue Tack placed strategically on the inside of the cover is unobtrusive and can sometimes perform better than elastic bands or tape, and it isn't messy and doesn't "break" - one may just need to "readjust" it every now and then.
Don't use fake/copy or non-Blue Tack brand though - from experience, they tend to dry up and go hard, losing their flexible and sticky characteristics.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version