ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Gadget WEEKENDS

<< < (82/121) > >>

Deozaan:
I bought a small $25 fryer
-mouser (March 02, 2017, 04:06 PM)
--- End quote ---
Can you link us to your old fryer so we can avoid it?
-Deozaan (March 02, 2017, 05:41 PM)
--- End quote ---
I don't get it.
-mouser (March 02, 2017, 05:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

Didn't you recently have an incident with a fryer with a plastic lid that melted? I assumed that was why you bought that fryer.

mouser:
Yes I did actually..  I just didn't have any memory of mentioning that..

I guess I told the donationcoder irc chat channel about it  :P

So yeah my prior model was this one for $16: https://www.amazon.com/Presto-05420-FryDaddy-Electric-Fryer/dp/B00005KB37

I put the plastic lid on while still hot and it just melted right into the oil.

In truth though, after it cooled the melted plastic peeled right off and i could use the fryer with a glass pot lid fine.  The real reason I upgraded from the $16 to the $25 fryer was because the new one gets a bit higher in temperature which is better for frying.

Deozaan:
So yeah my prior model was this one for $16: https://www.amazon.com/Presto-05420-FryDaddy-Electric-Fryer/dp/B00005KB37
-mouser (March 02, 2017, 06:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yikes! There are plenty of 1 & 2 star reviews that make this thing sound terrifying!

4wd:
During Amazon's recent Prime Day they had the Yubikey 4 and Yubikey 4 Nano for 1/2 price, ($20 & $25 respectively).

So I picked up a Nano version.

Ath:
During Amazon's recent Prime Day they had the Yubikey 4 and Yubikey 4 Nano for 1/2 price, ($20 & $25 respectively).

So I picked up a Nano version.
-4wd (July 15, 2017, 02:43 PM)
--- End quote ---
Finally another Gadget, great :Thmbsup:

I actually got such Yubikey 4 from a colleague who won a dozen or so at a security conference a while back, with the intent of doing something useful with it and reporting that back to him. I'm still thinking about what to use it for :-[

Wait, I'll 'sign' this post with it: ccccccfcrviucerjeltjcktljbhdtkngbtnnklnhffjj
And another one just for fun: ccccccfcrviuvfthljdjttfdhefvnejnufeunjjvvuel

So, I've at least once done something useful with it now...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version