ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Gadget WEEKENDS

<< < (69/121) > >>

IainB:
...Install Linux on Mac Mini
-4wd (November 09, 2014, 12:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

That link says one requirement is "...A Mac mini late 2012 with OSX in a perfect state (if not you can reinstall OSX to start with, I did that)". That's a later model.
Even if I had that model, I'm not sure that installing Linux on it would be of any real use to me, anyway.

Pity. I hate throwing stuff away.

IainB:
...I guess it could be useful for a home media center if you got rid of whatever Crapple OS it runs...then install Linux instead...use it for storing movies or whatever on it, connected up to your main home TV?
-Stephen66515 (November 09, 2014, 01:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, I couldn't see anything much else of use for it except extending its original purpose. But Linux? Apparently not feasible or worthwhile with this model?

KynloStephen66515:
...I guess it could be useful for a home media center if you got rid of whatever Crapple OS it runs...then install Linux instead...use it for storing movies or whatever on it, connected up to your main home TV?
-Stephen66515 (November 09, 2014, 01:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, I couldn't see anything much else of use for it except extending its original purpose. But Linux? Apparently not feasible or worthwhile with this model?
-IainB (November 09, 2014, 02:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

Meh, I just have a hatred for all things Apple...so for me...well, I would have declined to take it :P

KynloStephen66515:
I just went back and read all 14 pages of this thread...at 8:30am on a Sunday...wtf am I doing with my life?

barney:
I just went back and read all 14 pages of this thread...at 8:30am on a Sunday...wtf am I doing with my life?
-Stephen66515 (November 09, 2014, 02:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

Develping eyestrain  :-\?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version